This is my local church in Bessemer, Alabama and where the State Minister's Convention will be held this month. These pictures were taken in 2004 right before we moved in.
What a beautiful building! Please tell the Fenders hello for me, and the Womacks. :-) I think my husband is going to be attending your Minister's Convention. He and I will be barely seeing each other this next month. I leave for Ladies' Retreat in England a week from Wednesday, then I'll also be attending the Retreats in TN and WV. He'll be going to 3 or 4 Conventions. I'd like to attend some Conventions with him, but Ladies' Retreat is my most favorite activity in the Church, I think. :-) Besides, I'll be teaching at all 3 Retreats. But I hope to come visit Bessemer sometime.
BTW, I e-mailed your Hurrican article to Brother Werkheiser for possible publication in the EL.
God bless you! I look forward to really getting acquainted with you sometime.
The Lord has really blessed us in this building. It was built in 4 months!!! Our pastor (and his crew) did all the sheetrock work. It seats 300 and we had over 280+ in our last State Conv.
On Sat. night of that convention, the lights all over the city went out and we had one Holy Ghost filled Convention in the dark for half the service. Bro. Kramer preached a power packed message by candlelight! What a wonderful old tyme service.
I'm really looking forward to the Minister's Conv. and we just received our Conv. program and saw that Bro. Smith was coming. I hoped you were coming too! Maybe another time we'll get together.
We haven't had a Ladies Retreat in AL for a few years, but we've had Ladies Day (like a mini-convention and fancy banquet) for the past two or three years. Last year, Sis. Campbell and Sis. Bishop were our guest speakers (hey, I'm a prophet! just kidding!) I had hoped to have one this year...we may still. But if not, I'm hoping to have 2-3 Ladies Day in North, Central and Southern parts of the state. Pray for us. I'll post times and places for events on this blog.
In the article, the church that was affected by Hurricane Rita was Vidor, Texas if Bro. W. needs to know that.
I'll definitely tell the Fender's and the Womacks hello for you tomorrow morning.
See the pictures of the church brings back such wonderful memories of being in services with you all when Sis. Connie came a couple of years ago. Thank you for sharing the pictures.
5 comments:
What a beautiful building! Please tell the Fenders hello for me, and the Womacks. :-) I think my husband is going to be attending your Minister's Convention. He and I will be barely seeing each other this next month. I leave for Ladies' Retreat in England a week from Wednesday, then I'll also be attending the Retreats in TN and WV. He'll be going to 3 or 4 Conventions. I'd like to attend some Conventions with him, but Ladies' Retreat is my most favorite activity in the Church, I think. :-) Besides, I'll be teaching at all 3 Retreats. But I hope to come visit Bessemer sometime.
BTW, I e-mailed your Hurrican article to Brother Werkheiser for possible publication in the EL.
God bless you! I look forward to really getting acquainted with you sometime.
The Lord has really blessed us in this building. It was built in 4 months!!! Our pastor (and his crew) did all the sheetrock work. It seats 300 and we had over 280+ in our last State Conv.
On Sat. night of that convention, the lights all over the city went out and we had one Holy Ghost filled Convention in the dark for half the service. Bro. Kramer preached a power packed message by candlelight! What a wonderful old tyme service.
I'm really looking forward to the Minister's Conv. and we just received our Conv. program and saw that Bro. Smith was coming. I hoped you were coming too! Maybe another time we'll get together.
We haven't had a Ladies Retreat in AL for a few years, but we've had Ladies Day (like a mini-convention and fancy banquet) for the past two or three years. Last year, Sis. Campbell and Sis. Bishop were our guest speakers (hey, I'm a prophet! just kidding!) I had hoped to have one this year...we may still. But if not, I'm hoping to have 2-3 Ladies Day in North, Central and Southern parts of the state. Pray for us. I'll post times and places for events on this blog.
In the article, the church that was affected by Hurricane Rita was Vidor, Texas if Bro. W. needs to know that.
I'll definitely tell the Fender's and the Womacks hello for you tomorrow morning.
God Bless you!
Sister Tammy,
See the pictures of the church brings back such wonderful memories of being in services with you all when Sis. Connie came a couple of years ago. Thank you for sharing the pictures.
Sorry....Seeing.
Hey Jessica,
You need to come back and visit us again. I enjoyed seeing you at the Assembly. Just hijack Sis. Connie and come on!
Post a Comment