Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Click on this link to see a beautiful interactive Christmas Greeting.
Be patient, it may take a minute to load.

I want to thank all my blogging buddies for allowing me to participate in your lives. I lurked for a while on your blogs and saw the beautiful fellowship and friendships and wanted to join in, even though we really didn't know each other, (though we all attend the same Assembly every year!) I feel that I have made new friendships and have been able to get to know some of you even more by email.

I feel more than ever that our place right now is to encourage, uplift and strengthen The Church of God. If a little bitty blog can help do that, then that's what I want to do. I chose to do a devotional type blog because I really don't have an exciting life :) I go to work, clean house, attend and work at my local church. My kids are grown so I have no current cute stories about rambunctious kids or new pictures of little babies. I'm not a busy minister's wife who frequently travels to beautiful scenery. In fact, a lot of my devotional stories come from the time in my life when I was a busy stay at home mom. I can't believe I had so much energy then! Maybe when I get grandchildren in the distant future :)...I'll turn this blog into a Grandma Journal, if I am still blogging by then.

However, I find all your personal blogs to be especially uplifting and encouraging to me and others "who are lurking" because they see strong, godly women in The Church of God, who are going about their daily lives cheerfully and positively. Yes, there have been struggles and most have gone through some recent disappointments and major trials, but unlike other "internet sources" you are not down and out....not wringing your hands and doubtful....not rebellious, bitter or scornful....not hateful or disgruntled. But you are loving God, loving The Church and loving each other; lifting each other up and encouraging each other in the Faith. Thank you for your fellowship!

God Bless Each of You.

Love

Your Sister in Christ.

Tammy Washburn

5 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Thank you for allowing God to use you in encouraging me! Your blog has been a blessing and has offered words of strength and encouragement time and again. Have a Merry Christmas! Love ya!!!

Sister Charity said...

Sister Tammy I really enjoy reading your "devotional type" blog. It is an encouragement. Love you!

Vicki Smith said...

What a sweet post. It was a blessing and encouragement to me. I have to admit I've struggled in recent weeks with my emotions. I've lost so much this past year, yet I have no complaints against God. He knows everything and plans everything for OUR benefit. Like the song, "Anything that Costs Me Nothing" says, "To serve Him is my goal, how could I withhold? Whatever's mine, He's given to me; it's not my own, it's His alone. Whatever He requires, that is my desire; whatever He may need from me I'll pay the cost, gain or loss." AMEN! God is STILL SO GOOD!!!

SIS-MC said...

Reading your blog is always a blessing and is uplifting to my soul. God bless you righly, Merry Christmas!

Sister Charity said...

Merry Christmas!