
The Bride’s Love Gifts
The next step in the Ancient Jewish Wedding is when the Bridegroom voluntarily expresses his love for the Bride by giving her “Love Gifts” or “Mattan. These gifts specifically showed the enormous love the groom held for his beloved.
Eternal life:
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
1John 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life,
Peace:
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Anything:
John 14:13-15 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. If ye love me, keep my commandments.
The next step in the Ancient Jewish Wedding is when the Bridegroom voluntarily expresses his love for the Bride by giving her “Love Gifts” or “Mattan. These gifts specifically showed the enormous love the groom held for his beloved.
Eternal life:
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
1John 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life,
Peace:
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Anything:
John 14:13-15 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. If ye love me, keep my commandments.
There are other Gifts promised in the "Contract" or "Covenant" but we will discuss those later.
No comments:
Post a Comment