Behold The Bridegroom Cometh!For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Eph 5: 31-32
What does Scripture mean when it refers to the Church as a bride and Jesus as a bridegroom? Why is it such a Mystery?
Because mysteries are puzzles, with clues to answers, that need to be searched for. The New Testament wedding stories and examples in the Old Testament are vivid portrayals of the covenant Jesus made and His plans to return for His Bride. These are also prophesies of the end time and we should pay close attention to them. “Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.” 1Cor 10:11
These prophecies are closely connected to another Biblical mystery; the Rapture. “Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound,” 1Co 15:51,52a
In upcoming posts we will be able to compare the typical Biblical Jewish marriage to The Church of God and find that…
“God was willing to pay an exceptionally costly price to secure a highly-valued bride for his Son, and having paid such a price; will by no means fail to send his Son to claim that Bride at the most optimum time!” (excerpt from “Focus on Jerusalem, Behold The Bridegroom Cometh”)
By having a greater understanding of this “Mystery”, we will see why we must be quickly about the Father’s business.
What does Scripture mean when it refers to the Church as a bride and Jesus as a bridegroom? Why is it such a Mystery?
Because mysteries are puzzles, with clues to answers, that need to be searched for. The New Testament wedding stories and examples in the Old Testament are vivid portrayals of the covenant Jesus made and His plans to return for His Bride. These are also prophesies of the end time and we should pay close attention to them. “Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.” 1Cor 10:11
These prophecies are closely connected to another Biblical mystery; the Rapture. “Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound,” 1Co 15:51,52a
In upcoming posts we will be able to compare the typical Biblical Jewish marriage to The Church of God and find that…
“God was willing to pay an exceptionally costly price to secure a highly-valued bride for his Son, and having paid such a price; will by no means fail to send his Son to claim that Bride at the most optimum time!” (excerpt from “Focus on Jerusalem, Behold The Bridegroom Cometh”)
By having a greater understanding of this “Mystery”, we will see why we must be quickly about the Father’s business.
2 comments:
I like that picture a lot! I also really like the post. I have been focused more on the Church lately and I just love her. I am looking forward to reading your next post.
Thanks! Found picture on the net and I liked it a lot too. Her dress is actually people dressed in white if you can see it up close. This series of posts is what I have been putting in the AL Evening Light for my WMB articles this year.
Post a Comment