It’s in the air I breathe
It’s in the air I breathe
The very pollen that’s making me sneeze.
It’s on my silver car,
Make that my "yellow" car.
Yellow pollen making me sneeze
And Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, I’m praying for rain.
And Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, I’m begging for (achoo!) rain.
(apologies to Marie Barnett & Michael W. Smith)
12 comments:
Either you are really, really bored or you are just 2 kinds of crazy. But Will can sympathize with you. He has been sneezing for quite a few days now. He was just saying last night that he wished it would rain. So I started singing "Send down the rain Lord, send down the rain Lord, send down that latter rain." He didn't like that much. Hee Hee!!
Ha! Actually going CRAZY! and running out of Claritin. Sneeze went better with the song, but I actually have the hacking cough you hear in church. WE NEED RAIN!
I'm driving through the office parking lot and yellow dust clouds are floating thru the air. I try to hold my breath between the car and the house. I also live under 21 pine trees....Send down the rain Lord...send down the rain!
I'll trade you the sneezing and coughing for the hives that I've got. ~grin~
Nah...I don't need the hives too :) But I'll keep praying for you!!
It' 86 degrees today and the worst pollen alert of the season. Expecting rain on Sat/Sun.
Yesterday, I got the water hose and sprayed down the roof, bushes, walkways, cars. Yellow water!
I could hardly see out my windshield to drive yesterday. Where does this stuff come from? What trees? I'm new to this. Being from the arid west, I'm NOT new to praying for rain, however.
Pine Trees and the flowering trees.
Pine trees??? I'm used to pine trees, but this yellow pollen stuff is new to me. I've never heard of pine trees doing this. But these pine trees are a lot different than the ones I'm used to.
Yes, our pine trees are different then the western ones. They're full of this yellow stuff and it gets worse during the dry season.
Don't wipe your eyes or nose after touching the dust. You could set up an allergy. That's why a lot of people with bad allergies move out west!
Another one we have is: We've banned Easter Lillies from our church because if Alaena even steps into the church where there is an Easter Lilly, her eyes will swell completely shut. If we have them in the church, she has to stay home for Easter, no matter how large the building is.
Thankfully all our church people love each other and understand the problem :) :)
She has to avoid the supermarkets aruond this time of year also.
Me and Will has almost bought an Easter Lily for the past 3 Easters in honor of his deceased grandparents and we just decided not to. I'm glad we didn't now. I had no idea that she was so allergic. Poor girl. They are so pretty, it's a shame.
They are pretty, but very bad for her eyes.
They did that at Woodland Hills one time (bring one for your deceased family and lay it at the altar). Lae was signing that day and we had to pick up the phone the night before and tell the pastor that it was impossible for her to be around them. He had the moved to the foyer!! which was the ENTRANCE to the church!
Sooooo we had to get her in the side front doors of the church and through the basement to get around the church.
But...her eyes still swelled because they were in the building (had been at the altar area at one time) and the pollen in them floats in the air. Woodland Hills is a little bigger than our church.
Your mom & dad knows, but I do tend to remind them every year & Sheila knows, but I may need to call & remind her too.
I used to "threaten" :)(joking) Bro. Jerry years ago. He would always drag in fresh flowers, blooming trees, etc. for Easter.
Other allergies in family:
Perfume on her AND others makes my Aunt's blood pressure rise and very sick.
Wild flowers makes my mom have bad breathing problems.
Fresh Flowers makes my sister very sick....to the point of death even. Really.
Perfume just makes me sneeze or cough.
So our family funerals are strictly plants & silks. The florist is always under strict orders.
We're just plain weird. :)
I'm sorry that you guys suffer so, but I am thankful that I'm not the only weird person on the planet!
Ahh...Rain! Not a lot, but enough.
Post a Comment