
We sat at the table in the middle, right behind the pink chair. The table with the tree...was a metal tree with basket lamps hanging from it.

Here is the mural in the background. The ceiling was covered with hanging tin star lamps and some glass star lamps....also, huge round baskets (like balls) with lights in them. Very pretty. Fun place!
Saturday night we received a call from our pastor and he had a fun idea for church since he had to leave early to get to Cleveland to preach for BTI on Sunday night. Soo, we had a flip-flop Sunday too!
The men cooked breakfast for all the mom’s at church for 8:30 AM (for everybody really). We had bisquits, gravy, eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, strawberries & other fresh fruit, whipped cream, orange juice, milk or tea. YUUUUUMMMMM!
We did our Kaz-YOU and Me Day at 9:45 and everybody loved, especially the kids playing “I’ve got the Joy, joy, joy down in my heart” on their Kazoos. The excitement level was higher this week. All the kids made sure their parents were definitely on time.
I didn’t realize how hard it was to find Kazoos. We were on the phone and pulled into another Party City Saturday night at 9:02…closing time 9:00…with the workers standing outside the doors waiting on these crazy people who just drove 10 miles to buy $2.00 worth of Kazoos!! I told them it was for a Sunday School Crusade the next morning and they were still perplexed, but very nice to wait on us!!!!
The kids after church came up to me and gave me some broken kazoos. I fixed a couple and replaced a couple. I actually think that some parents BROKE them on purpose (JUST KIDDING!!!) They parents were like…the kazoos were noisy on the way home….I told them to wait till next Sunday!!!!! CLAPPERS!!!!! YIPPEEE!
At 10:00 am, Bro. Hopkins (after a worship song) preached his message. We had a some visitors show up about 5 minutes into his message. Sis. Bair brought her son and his family!!!!! She is very nice and just raved about how sweet her pastor’s wife, Sis. Tammi is. They were all very nice and hopefully they will be back more and more.
After the preaching, there was offering & then Mother’s Day Program with poems, readings & gifts. One man read a poem and then “changed the order of the service”. He rambled a little bit and got us a little confused…until he announced that they were having their second child. We all turned around and clapped for the Mom to be and saw that her mom had snuck in unannounced just before the announcement (to their surprise) and both grandma’s to be were shocked, happily surprised and in tears! So sweet!
After the program, we went into more worship music and then went to our Sunday School Classes. After Sunday school we gathered back into the auditorium for final prayer, announcements and a joyful singing of “When we all get to heaven” ending with handshakes and greetings during the final verses. I love that! All in all, we had 71 people in attendance and it was a beautiful service.
6 comments:
Hey! This was also the FIRST year in FIVE years I had my kids with me on Mother's Day. They were BTI addicts. The dates really need to be changed!
I know, I know. We're working on changing the dates.
THANKS for the kazoo's. =) I showed them to Brother Smith and he thought they were to blow bubbles with. *rolling eyes* He didn't know what a kazoo was. Knowing his musical talent (or lack thereof) I'm quite certain kazoo playing is not his ministry. *chuckling*
I told Bro. Hopkins to give them to you...that you would know what they were for. That's the beauty of Kazoo's....no musical talent required!
So when you're a little down, just play "I got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart" and you can smile & feel like you're visiting Bessemer, AL!!
Want a clapper?
I've got to meet your sister, and your brother-in-law is in my 1st Term Class. Most of the 1st Termers are very young and shy, so Brother Mack is the "voice" of 1st Term.
I just read what I wrote above and it sounds like I'm saying I haven't met your sister yet and I'm anxious to do it. What I meant to say is, I HAVE met your sister. She looks a lot like you.
I understood what you meant :)
I didn't used to think we looked alike until people at the assembly started talking to me like they knew me (but with a puzzled look on their face). It looked like they couldn't figure out how she got older, fat and gray in such a short amount of time!! Ha! I just asked, "You know my sister?" :)
We're opposites. She inherited all the "Martha" genes in the family. She's artistic, a good decorator, an excellent cook (and a pet lover).
I'm none of the above (definitely NOT a pet lover). I'm sillier ;)
Post a Comment