We're almost all ready and packed for camp. Dustin is now on his way home from Atlanta. We'll get to hear all the China news this evening!
Besides work, I have on my list today a chiropractor visit at lunch (so I can walk at camp) and a haircut.
Years ago in Georgia, we saw a counselor that brought plastic rolling drawers to camp as a suitcase. The kind you use at home for extra closet storage. It was much easier to pack and she just put a bungee cord to keep it shut during transit. It made a nice bedside table and rolled around her bed. My daughter and I have always wanted one, but would usually forget and then didn't want to pay the $15-$21 pricetag right before camp. This year, we bought 2 for $5.00 @ our church garage sale. Hopefully the person who sold them to us won't see us using them at camp and want them back!
Sis. Haley and I found out we were both teaching a witnessing class at camp, so we have been collaborating. Meaning.....I borrowed what she has written and gave her my studies (which I borrowed from internet sources and things I've collected through the years) and all the handouts I designed using all that material. She said we needed to write a book...I told her, I think we just did :) Her camp started Sunday. Ours on Weds. afternoon.
I have also written original material for "I must decrease / He must increase" and almost all original (with a little borrowed) for "True Worship". Each of these subjects could use 3 classes a piece, but I only have 45 minutes for each one. Ya'll pray..........for the students! I'll just have to skim the surface of the topics and hopefully won't hold them the entire 45 minutes. They can take the lessons home for self study.
We have people from Florida, Georgia, Virginia, Tennessee and of course AL coming to camp and should have over 100 from what I hear. Hopefully the Lord will send us just enough clouds (pretty ones) to break the 90 degree heat. (There is air conditioning in all the buildings.) Bring your walking shoes Sis. Smith! This camp is hilly, but does have sidewalks most everywhere.
3 comments:
You mentioned Georgia.....I have to cry now and I just stopped. Some friends just moved there with their three children.
Thanks for the tip. I'm looking forward to it. And I used to doing a LOT of walking at Camp.
I'll be praying for your camp and classes. Looking forward to hearing about Dustin's trip to China and all of God's blessings at camp. Be safe!
Post a Comment