Prescription

I saw this on the internet while researching another lesson. Thought provoking.

HEALING HEART

Does your heart need this kind of spiritual healing? Ask yourself if any of the following is true for you:

1. We spend most of our time thinking only about ourselves.

2. Our thoughts dwell on dark and gloomy imaginings, or we experience varying states of despair, defeat, or anxious doubt.

3. We’re likely to agree with, or give ourselves over to fiery feelings. We consent to states of conflict, becoming identified with angry or resentful vibrations as they make their way through us.

4. We never see the choice to put the interests of someone else before we consider those of our own.

5. Our principal sense of contentment and well-being is derived only from pleasures that we give to ourselves.

(The prescription is:)

Surrender. The only real solution to healing our broken heart is to be found through its surrender....(to be) willing to put our heart in God’s hands. Several times a day, take a few quiet minutes to consciously surrender your heart to God.

© 2002 Life of Learning. By Guy Finley All Rights Reserved. Permission granted to reprint with author credit only.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Ooooh, that's really good! There are all kinds of physical and emotional ailments that are only disguises for self-centeredness. When we TRULY surrender and are DEAD to self, our emotions become whole and most of the time our physical diseases and maladies disappear also. I believe 2 Cor. 9:7 isn't talking JUST about giving our finances, but our SELVES: "Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so
let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver." Sometimes I may give and give and give of myself, but I whine about it and lament how much I've given while others hold back. That's not being a cheerful giver--that's giving grudgingly or because I feel forced into it. Like the song says, "I want to live the way He wants me to live, I want to give, give, till there's nor more to give, I want to love, love, till there's just no more love, I could never, never outlove the Lord" AMEN!

Tammy Washburn said...

I didn't give the website address because, even though I liked this particular thought, I wasn't too keen about the rest of the writing(s)on it :) I'm not recomending the entire site.