So, I was driving along listening to a song about someone drowning in God's "sea of forgetfulness".......I thought..."He has tossed my sins in the sea of forgetfulness, but He hasn't tossed me in there." But, then I thought, "where is the sea of forgetfulness scripture found?"
So I went home and looked it up and found that the "sea of forgetfulness" scripture doesn't exist in a "single verse" form, but is a compilation of two scripture verses.
Mic 7:19 He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
So the phrase "He cast my sin in the sea of forgetfulness" is at least based upon scripture, but not actual scripture in it's complete form.
Is this where "Follow me as I follow Christ" comes from?????
(tell me the correct scripture, if I don't have it.)
Phi 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Phi 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an example.
I hear people say that the church is the "pillar and ground of truth", but it actually reads, "pillar and ground of the truth".
What other phrases do you hear quoted as scripture?
7 comments:
"We are made overcomers by the word of our testimony." Find that one. You can't. Jeremy was going to base a whole service on that scripture. Then he found out it didn't exist. What's close is Rev. 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
He will make a way where there seemeth to be no way
Isaiah 35:5-7
5Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
6Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.
7And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.
Take a look at 1 Corinthians 11:1
You are right it is THE TRUTH
1 Timothy 3:15 Your blog is a blessing to me--keep it up!
Tada!!! Thanks!
1Co 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
I was running references with the popular phrase: "Follow me as I follow Christ." The word "followers" is the key word for this search.
Glad you found that one! Yippee!
Did you know that "A little birdie told me so" is scriptural??? I love that one!
"Curse not the king, no not in thy thought; and curse not the rich in thy bedchamber: FOR A BIRD OF THE AIR SHALL CARRY THE VOICE, AND THAT WHICH HATH WINGS SHALL TELL THE MATTER" (Eccl. 10:20).
Ha! I did not know that one! But did they use that scripture for CPMA? :)
Post a Comment