Sitting in hotel room after Assembly.
I loved the VLB program with the race! Buy the DVD!
On the physical side: The church we had the Assembly in was great. The parking, the setting, the "together" more worshipful/churchy atmosphere was wonderful. Lots of restaurants within easy reach. Loved the 2 BIG Screens...Hi Tech! Wooo! The purple had to grow on me, ha!
On the spiritual side: The messages were very much entreating to holiness, good attitudes, love, and all good Christian qualities that The Church of God needs to make it to heaven! WMB program: Wonderful! Good Spirit, Peace, Good Fellowship. The Holy Ghost just swept the congregation one afternoon. Very good.
Beautiful tribute to Bro. Pruitt. Saw the Solemn Assembly clip of his installation. Was enjoying it and then realized that only one man on that stage was still in The Church of God (other than Bro. Pruitt of course). Everyone else has went on to "other pastures". Goes to show you, it's not all in the shout and excitement :0 But of those, who have cast themselves on the cornerstone.
I got to meet Bro. & Sis. Horne and Sis. Clawson.
We have some big news on the blogging / family front, but I will let the persons more
directly involved make that announcement in a more private setting.
I got to sing in the IYC choir and thot we were only going to sing one song and then leave the choir loft. BUT we sang during the altar call. You know how long that is!!! Standing, singing, clapping for a long time.....whew!~
As we were welcoming our new overseer, we also had to console them and their current field of labor. They were trying to smile through their tears, but the pain of separation in the ministry with their sheep is so great and we understand. We cried with them and welcomed them at the same time!
The WMB cookbook is so beautiful! Sis. Smith and her helpers did a beautiful job. The green cover is so youthful looking and very attractive. Great recipes. Buy one!!!!
God Bless ya'll!
2 comments:
The Assembly was great! Thanks for the update. I'll try to update mine when I get home. But we enjoyed it very much. I totally agree about the church we were in. Everything was so much better (except everything purple)ha ha
See ya when we get home.
I thought the Assembly was FABULOUS. The Spirit of love and unity was so precious. The spirit of the Church message and doctrine was strong. The messages were FANTASTIC! I look forward to listening to them again. I'm getting the full set of DVD's. Speaking of DVD's . . . would you be up to transcribing one of the Assembly sessions for the Minutes? We're looking for volunteers outside of HQ in hopes of getting them done sooner than the past few years. I think it was April or May the past couple of years. That's ridiculous!
Post a Comment