Baby Eaglett 2 has left the nest....

It all started the day before we left for the Assembly when TN Tech in Crossville called Alaena and offered her a job. Friday morning of the Assembly, she & Dad drove to Knoxville and tested her interpretation skills. Being an interpreter will allow Alaena to get established on her own for now and learn her craft and then one day, when she marries and has children, it will allow her to make VERY good money on a on-call basis (as in interpret for a hospital, court, etc.).

In other words, she can stay home and raise and homeschool her children and then when she is called out once or twice a month, she can make enough money that equals working full time otherwise. Thank the Lord! This career will enable her to make sure that she can stay home with her children when the time comes.

All paths cleared and so this weekend we took our little Eaglet and went to look for apartments. We now know about ALL apartment in the area :( :( and Alaena was trying to get us to settle on the much cheaper house ("dump") with the nice landlord lady and sweet Grandma across the street. But her Daddy had nightmares all night long and wouldn't budge from the word "no". (I love my husband). Dad prayed all night long and got up the next morning to get coffee and the front desk told him of townhomes that were just built and owned by the son-in-law of the man who owned this hotel. (got that??)

Lae went to Sunday School & church (she LOVES her new church!) and we went to see the location of the apartment and a couple of others (we only had 5 hours left to find something!!!) Picked Lae up after church and toured the apartment and made arrangements to sign papers at 4:30. Which we did...and unloaded her "survival gear" into the new place.

By the way.....did I fail to mention that her Dad and I were SICK AS DOGS during this whole time!!!!!! We now had the "Assembly Croup" like everybody else had and the whole night that Dad stayed up praying...he was also a miserable coughing mess!!

By the time we signed the papers to the apartment, we were both too miserable to drive home, so we stayed another night in the hotel. (First we had to go buy an inflatable bed...the kind with it's own pump for Lae to sleep on in her new home until we could bring her furniture from Alabama :)

The next day, we both called into our jobs and explained why we had to miss. Quickly went to get the lights transferred, phone set up, fridge/freezer food bought....ate lunch and kissed my baby Eaglet goodbye.

I had cried on Saturday night at the hotel with Lae, but by Sunday noon, we were so wore out, sick and very tired that we just "teared up" when we left. She then collapsed at her house and we collapsed in the truck and drove home. (that's the way to get rid of your parents!!! EXHAUST THEM into leaving!!!) Ha! Dad sighed and thanked the Lord for listening to "to the heart of a "sick old man" and answering his prayers." (he really needs some rest doesn't he :)

So from Momma Eagle 1 & Daddy Eagle 1....Baby Eaglet 2 has left the nest.


Here is the experience from her own words...

Wind Gust

Mom said yesterday, "You've been flapping your wings for a few months now, and suddenly a big gust of wind came up and quickly blew you out of the nest."My new apartment is gorgeous. We looked all Saturday and Sunday morning. We settled on a little house apartment Saturday night, but dad wasn't at peace about it, so Sunday morning after church we went to one last one, and it is perfect and I moved in already. It is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, for a very good price, great neighborhood, gorgeous, new everything. I had to pay more for a 3 month lease, but it is for my own sanity. I want to make sure I have a way home if this bird suddenly loses the wind, and falls flat on her face. Yesterday, church was wonderful. Their new building is nice at Crossville, and there was a teenager that just joined last week.....

They (sic: parent's) had said all weekend, "At least we are moving you for a job and school, and not giving you away to some boy!" My new job starts Monday morning, so I have a few days to study the material, and shake the dust off my sign language. I think I start interpreting for the church Sunday morning. But everything is new and exciting, and I can't believe my apartment is mine! and I have a nice, soft blow-up mattress and enough clothes to last me 2 weeks, and groceries. I can't wait to decorate it all!I hope to get a laptop before college starts up in January, so till then, it's gonna be mostly quiet here. God has miraculously worked out soo much. Please continue to pray for this 21-year-old bird who is now starting to fly on her own.

6 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Wow! You had a busy weekend! I hope that you and Mike are starting to feel better. Honestly, I think it is easier handing the eaglets off to another eaglet than just leaving them by themselves. I managed to say goodbye to Darren without even tearing up. I must have been tired or something...hmmm...

Tammy Washburn said...

I told her that in one way, "I could know that a husband was helping to take care of her, BUT sometimes husbands & marriage just create more problems to worry about." ;) :)

Right now, we have peace over her job, town, church, and apartment. Everybody is so nice and helpful. I've instructed her over and over again on safety AND to keep calling upon the Lord for help, guidance & safety.

She just called and informed me she is getting paid MORE than offered. Wow. Thank you Lord.

Mike & I are better today, but still coughing and such. I don't know what went around at the Assembly, but we must have hugged all the right people!!!

Congratulations and Best Wishes to the new Bride & Groom and may all the roadblocks be quickly moved out of their way!

I've told my sister to send us a list of needs, wishes, colors, etc. for wedding presents for the next upcoming nuptials. Bless your heart! Two in one month's time! You won't tear up, you'll collapse in RELIEF!!!

Vicki Smith said...

How exciting/scary/sad/promising it all is! A new chapter. How do people handle new chapters when they don't know the Author of the Book? --I'm hoping you'll find time to give me a call and make a quick stop sometime when you're whizzing through Cleveland on your way to or from Baby Eaglet 2's beautiful new apartment. :-)

Tammy Washburn said...

Unfortunately, Crossville is due North of Chattanooga, so now we won't be whizzing through Cleveland, but I'll be sure and make a side trip one day and give you a call!

Yes, we can look back and see how God's hand has been on our children's lives and has provided the experiences they needed for their future.

Vic said...

This just made me cry so much...It seems like yesterday when our kids were just travelling around to church functions footloose and fancy free...My how time flies...I am so proud of her and I know she will do well no matter what she does...She has her heart and head in the right places and success is just a natural for her...

Love ya'll!!!!

PSS Tell Aleana that having a Father who prays all night long is one of the greatest assets to her life and appreciate every moment she can with her Dad...

Tammy Washburn said...

Yep, our kids are all grown up and can't run around church together as freely anymore. But you have GRANDBABIES!!! Let us know when that new one arrives. Congratulations!

Thanks for the nice thots and best wishes for Alaena.