The WMB assists the Church in many different ways.
Helps in training the young women of the Church;
Helps gather clothing for home and foreign mission fields;
Helps to develop the Church by its prayer bands;
Helps in the visitation of the Church.
But the primary purpose of the Women’s Missionary Band is to create a burning fiery Missionary Spirit in every member of the Church and to help to stimulate and solicit the giving of the necessary funds to be able to fulfill the Great Commission given only to The Church of God.
The WMB is a BALANCED ministry…it is a Spiritual Ministry and a Fund-Raising agency to help spread the gospel around the world.

Mat 25:42-46
For I was hungry, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: 43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. 46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
What about the other side? Should our efforts be ALL Spiritual to best please the Lord? Why do we HAVE to raise $ all the time? Then of course, the work and government of the church would come come to a halt without any funds to promote and further the work.
Mat 25:24-30
24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art a hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strewed: 25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. 26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strewed: 27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury. 28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents. 29 For unto everyone that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. 30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
If you notice…the Master said “MY MONEY”, “MINE OWN”….not “YOUR MONEY” or “YOUR OWN”. As Christians , we are STEWARDS of GOD’S MONEY…NOT OUR OWN.
Mal 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? (Isn’t it my money Lord?) He answers: In tithes and offerings.
You can’t rob someone of something…if they don’t already own it.
We do not GIVE God anything. We are stewards (trusted servant one who actively directs the affairs of the Master) of all HE HAS and we are responsible to make sure God’s money goes to where HE wants it to go and brings Him GLORY / PROFIT. Of course, as servants of the most High God, we are assured that our every need will be met as we are about the Master’s business. If we misuse, mishandle or mis-allocate God’s funds…then we are robbing God of THAT which is HIS….not ours. A lot of people act like they are doing God a favor by paying tithes and offerings…IT’S HIS MONEY TO BEGIN WITH!!! But there are blessings for cheerfully and obediently returning to God what is HIS…
Luk 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you, good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
2Co 9:6-8 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. 7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
We need to be like the church in Philippi. Phi 4:15-19, Fruitful & Sweet Smelling to God.
15 Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only. 16 For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity. 17 Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account. 18 But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odor of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, well-pleasing to God. 19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
What is YOUR burden?
We have many opportunities to support Missions through October/March World Mission Drives and Assembly, State & Local offerrings.
But you might also feel a burden to directly support the expenses of the National overseers who work directly on the field (like Paul was).
MISSIONARY PARTNERSHIP ALLIANCE is for you! This is a one-time offering or a 1-2 year pledge that helps support the National Overseers in their expenses to help them STAY on the field. This is paid DIRECT to HQ.
Perhaps you feel the burden to send funds to help build buildings, furnish transportation or support local churches in foreign fields?
SHARING HANDS MINISTRY is for you! This can be an individual or group effort. This is paid DIRECT to HQ.
DON’T HAVE A BURDEN?
THEN REMEMBER THE BALANCE.

We want God to Balance:
Law / Grace
Justice / Mercy
God expects US to Balance:
Works / Faith
Jam 2:14-18,26
14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works. 26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
"Go bring to the needysweet charity's bread.
For giving is living."the angel said.
"Must I give again and again?""
Oh no!" said the angel chilling me through.
"Give only 'til the Master stops giving to you!"
3 comments:
Can I borrow this post for possible publication or for teaching?
Excellent! --I've used that last poem in the past. It's really a good one. --The whole post is good!
Of course you may. This was my last year's District Convention's boosts. I toted around my scales and had a "BIG" Fake Penny (& a few real pennies for balance) for the $$$ side and a Satin Heart box for the Spiritual Side that balanced out.
I had foam board posters for the special programs and also told where the local offerings went (50% to HQ, 25% to State, 25% Local Church).
Thank ya ma'am.
Post a Comment