I borrowed my parent's box of old adult Sunday School Literature (some Cogop's date back to 1968! and almost ALL the TCOG's.) A few issues of TCOG lessons are missing and I guess I'll consult a few of my "sources" and find out what those topics are.
I have always wanted to write Sunday School literature, but time/inspiration is usually the issue. I just wanted to get a VISUAL, not just a list of what topics have been already addressed, presently and historically.
After going through back issues, I can tell you that I am sufficiently intimidated, not only by Bro. Covey, but also by writers of the much older commentaries.
I think I might try my hand at writing one day, but it will CERTAINLY have to be under God's annointing and not my own. So ya'll could pray for inspiration.
6 comments:
Praying here! In fact, you may be the ANSWER to prayers we've been praying for a long time! I know that if you'll yield yourself to the Lord He can use you. It's good you realize your insufficiency in yourself; that allows God to use you as you rely on HIM instead of going ahead and doing things on your own. I'm looking forward to hearing you've got 13 lessons ready to be checked out! YES!!!
I'm confident as you turn the talent (yes, talent) that you do have to write over to God, the inspiration will come. Your writings are always a great blessing.
I agree Your talent to write is awesome. I always love reading your blogs they are so encouraging. Just let the Lord use you to be a blessing to others.
Thank you. You've made me cry. But now I need your advice and no more compliments :)
1. Have you noticed that there have never been any women ADULT SS. lit. writers? (if there have been, you might let me know :)
2. SHOULD women write Adult SS. Lit.? (because this level of literature is taught to the elders, etc.)
3. Men who are gifted in writing seem to write in a more concise manner than women. They seem to be able to get to the heart of spiritual matters with knowledge and wisdom (even without higher education). That "Wow, I've never saw that before!" factor. Does God give a more special annointing to men in this area?
4. Finally, Guilt trip for the men. Why don't those who write excellent books for The Church, also write consistently & frequently SS. Literature?
Wow. Those were some hard questions. I don't know what my answer(s) would be. I don't know who all wrote the literature for COGOP all those years, but surely there were some women in there, don't ya think? As for why the talented male writers don't write SS lit, I guess they all are too busy? I don't know. --I wrote a letter to Brother Pruitt once, back in 1993 or 1994, asking about the role of women in the Church. He had no reservations about women being called into the ministry and pastoring and such. Does God give a more speical anointing to men? I don't know. There wouldn't be any question whatsoever about whether a man would be qualified or commissioned of God, but we question the authority of a woman, trying to find the right balance. All I know is, many womens ministries have been a tremendous blessing to me in my life and have been an encouragement to my walk with the Lord. If you're cautious in your spirit and continually remind yourself that you are a woman and you're careful not to take on more authority than you're allowed, and you expound on established Church doctrine, you should be okay. Anything you write will go through the Literature Review Committee before it goes to print, too. Go for it! I'll be praying for your inspiration.
So, you're not letting me dig up a good excuse ;) :) :) Ha!
Post a Comment