Sequoia in front of museum.
A very nice lady took these two of us together. When she saw us later at the Lodge for Lunch, she called "Hey Alabama!"
Look for Mike at the base of that Sequoia!
Yep, there he is!

No, I didn't build it. I just found it on the trail and posed with it. Freezing my knee off in the process!
Once again, he wants to leave and go eat!!! That apple has worn off.
Oh yes he did! (But I got him first!! Ha!)
The Lodge we ate lunch at.
SEQUOIA NTL PARK
Here we are! Finally made it. There were signs everywhere to beware of Bears and scarey looking pictures of them breaking into cars to get food. You couldn't leave food or fragrant items in the car. If you hiked, you needed to lock them in the metal boxes found on the trail. I made Mike eat his apple! :) Much to Mike's disappointment, we didn't see any bears, which would have been okay if they were a half mile down the mountain.


This rocky mountain is a zoom pix. The road to the rocky part was closed off. You could only snowshoe or cross country ski to it. But, if you will look closely, you will see a grove of Sequoia's on the top, left of the rock. It seemed impossibly high when we look at it from below the snow line, but that's where we were heading!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Fantastic pictures! You must have had a great time. Did it give you a hankerin' to move west? :-) Just look at those skies!
Well we did pick out a house on the cliffs in Carmel.....:) But I think those earthquakes will probably talk me out of it.
Snow is nice to see for a couple of days, but not live in.
We were really blessed to have little traffic in CA because of the holiday, but Mike got a taste and he says he'll stay in AL.
Even though I miss the west and especially the western skies, L.A. would NOT be my choice. If the L.A. area were my only option for living in the west I'd rather stay right where I am, skies or no skies.
Nothing like a really BIG tree to make you feel really REALLY small. Once again...awesome pictures. I really like the one with the icicles...although...it took a moment to figure out what you were actually taking a picture of...since it was sideways. ~hee hee~
Hi! Glad to see and hear you had such a great time. The trees are amazing. The pics of them alone are misleading, they didn't look that massive. Seeing you guys next to them.... wow!! What an awesome God we serve, He is the master artist, sculptor, creator... and He did this all for our enjoyment. Makes you feel special, does it?
A friend of ours went there a couple of years ago in the summer. There pictures were awesome, now to see the same locatin in the winter is cool. Great pictures.
Post a Comment