Here ya go!

We are into house hunting between Dist. conventions. Which means looking at houses and then losing sleep thinking about the pros and cons. We have found one on the high end of our budget (3 sided brick split foyer, "old world" style). I think we like the neighborhood better than the house:) and one on the low end of our budget (rustic brick and siding split foyer/foreclosure, with ~unfortunately~ the 3rd bedroom in the basement). Both have pros and cons. We may have discovered tonight a brick & siding split foyer house with finished basement that fits in the middle of our budget, with a very pretty view and will tour it this weekend. It's not rustic on the outside (I'm a brick and stacked stone exterior kind of girl) but it more resembles the craftsman style we also admire and my husband really likes alot. This house looks more like US together as a couple.

We are looking at new houses because we never want to structurally remodel again!!! I mean it!!! We seem to have remodeled our whole married life and I never want to hear again..."we need to work on the house this weekend". Our current house, which has a fantastic view off the deck, has been stressful to us for a long time and we're very tired of the problems. I wish we could have gotten a bigger and newer house when we were raising our kids, (not after they have moved out!), but I was a stay at home mom when they were young in TX, and then got a job and put them through private Christian school after we moved to Alabama, and then quit my job to homeschool through Jr. High and High School. Those were the more important choices we made then.

The new houses around here have all the rustic earth-tone paint colors I like and wrought iron stair railings. Although I have decorated in country colors in the 80's, beige in the 90's and pale green's in the 2000's, I am a earth tone person at heart. I can walk into the houses and NOT change a thing! Just move in.

A couple of "miracles" have to occur in the timing department, but I feel that God will lead us to the right house and clear the paths if it is His will.

We have this weekend to tour houses and let someone tour ours. We have two Dist. Conventions left in February.

February is very stressful and I have successfully moved Alabama Ladies Day out of March. AL Sunday School Dept. is going to have (as advertised in The Eve. Light) a Worshop in March and of course Easter snuck in. So Alabama Ladies Day is Saturday April 19th, 10:00 - 4:00 at Bessemer, AL. More information forthcoming.

So there ya go.

1 comment:

Vicki Smith said...

All right! A new post, so now we know what you've been up to. Thank you!