Two Saturdays ago, our church gave Alaena and Chris a pantry shower.


























The Saturday before Easter, we had a state-wide Sunday School Workshop with Sis. Woods and others. It was very enjoyable and we had about 30 in attendance, which I thought was great because it WAS the day before Easter. Afterwards there was play practice and a cast dinner. I got to attend, cause I was "Pilate's" wife (not the one in the Bible, but Mike's spouse:)

This Sunday we were blessed by an Easter program directed by our Pastor's wife (Great job!) that illustrated the Bible's account of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus with full set (Garden of Gesetheme, Pilate's Hall, Calvary and the garden Tomb with stone), costumes and music. There was lightening during the earthquake scene and a black light that lit up Jesus on the cross in the darkness. When the soldier was nailing Jesus to the cross, you could hear the hammer hitting the nails through special sound effects during the song "Driving Nails" Very effective. We had some visitors present and the play was very moving and annointed. We were told that the cast members would cry every time they practiced the play and you could see that from the youngest cast member (age 4) to the oldest that they all did the play very reverently. Beautiful!

After church we went out to eat at Piccadilly with four other church families and had a great time of fellowship. I had something in the crock pot, but since it is just us three at home and the other families were eating out (due to the all day SS Workshop and play practice the day before) we decided to let the crockpot keep cooking and visit with our church family.

Hope ya'll had a great day!

4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

What a nice Easter weekend you had! That's so great.
The decor at the shower looks adorable! That centerpiece is too cute.
It's so nice to see pictures and a newsy post. Thanks!

Tammy Washburn said...

Thanks. The hostess told us to decorate for a "house" party and we were a little stumped, until I looked up to the top of my cabinets one morning and saw all my "house stuff", so I pulled it all down, washed it and made table decor out of it.

Now I need to pull everything else down, wash it and re-arrange it back on top of my cabinets.

Tammy Washburn said...

The cake is the White chocolate mousse cake Alaena likes from Brunos market. That's white chocolate (not macaroni :) shaved all over the top. I just put the little Star Burst candy roses on it. (Micro-Melt, add powdered sugar and make a rose)

Joyce said...

Sounds like you had a good but busy weekend. Hope you have a more restful week. Take care.