Now THAT'S was what I called an Assembly!

To see some Assembly archives:
http://www.ustream.tv/tcogtech/videos

Got home last night about 10:00 pm Central time. I think that all Alabama delegates must have went to Cracker Barrell after service. I'm back at work today and will take a minute to post some random thoughts for now. I'll have to get a little more sleep to talk about how wonderful the sermons were.

People, Places & Things....

1. I'm extremely grateful and overwhelmed by the graciousness of The Lord for answering a sincere heartfelt prayer this weekend. I am always awed how the Lord answers a prayer even as you are praying it.

2. Overpowering unity, love and fellowship. Wow! Now THAT was an Assembly!!!

3. The overwhelming response to the internet broadcast is wonderful! Over 2500 UNIQUE (different locations counted once) visits from 44 countries. The other stats given went up to 4000 and 7000. I for one will testify that the broadcast were very much a blessing in that it allowed me to participate in the Assembly until I could get there in person. It was so great to hear that congregations from India, Mexico and England were sending their greetings to the Assembly and were watching in person over the internet. I heard some people say that their families were calling and some actually texting that they could see them on the broadcast at that moment. How fun!

4. I got to finally meet Haley in person!!!!! We've communicated for 2 years by email/blog and I saw her on a an internet broadcast and did not realize that she was able to attend. (she said it was last minute) She "whispered" out to me once when I first arrived, but I heard my name, but didn't see who in the crowd called me and thought I was mistaken. When I got seated, I sat to the side behind her in another section and realized I must have passed her. She had to go to a youth meeting before service ended and it wasn't until the next day in the hallway that we finally found each other. She is so sweet....just like online of course. She told me that her daughter NEVER hugs anyone (strangers) ....but she hugged me. Awwww....I'm very honored.

5. We were priviledged to eat with Sis. Tammi and Bro. Ray twice. I met them for the first time last year after meeting through blogland, but didn't get to fellowship with them because they had meet & greet my sister because of the fact that the Adam's son was marrying the Mack's daughter and all that stuff :) Funny thing....when they were eating with their future in-laws, Mike and I had gone out last year with the family that our daughter married into this past year.
SO this year, we finally got together and spent some time getting to know each other face to face. Also got to spend time with other friends, the Baldwins. Missed out eating with the 5 younger Baldwins since they were at afterglow or with another family, maybe next time. Good times, good friends, good people.

6. I got to briefly speak with Sis. Becki for the first time. I didn't know she sounded like her momma :) We also met Bro. Clarkson after the Assembly and asked him directions to the church in Phoenix, AZ. We hope to drop by in a few weeks.

7. It's very eery to hear Sis. Connie's message and then I turned on the news today and part of it coming true right before our very eyes. As she said, the Vortex is already here.

8. Very happy to keep our State Overseer and his wife in our State! Welcome Back! AND CONGRATULATIONS ON SIS. HAWKIN'S PARENT'S JOINING THE CHURCH OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a WONDERFUL surprise for them!

9. CONGRATULATIONS TO RED BAY CHURCH IN ALABAMA!!!!!! They took in one member earlier this week and then took in 2 more this weekend!!!! To God Be The Glory!

10. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE OTHER 11 PEOPLE WHO JOINED FROM ALL OVER! WELCOME HOME!

11. The Youth March, as always was wonderful. There was really something different this year. So many, many young people, EAGER to pour into the altar and seek God's face. Amazing and Awesome.

12. ALABAMA EARNED THE VLB BANNER AGAIN THIS YEAR! YIPPEE!

13. $20,000 WMB offering! $53,000.00 in Total Offerings! Wow!

14. This little Cox girl who sang "Make me a Servant" and the two little girls in the Children's Church program who held hands while one sang "Hand in Hand (we walk each day) were to DIE for!!! Nothing could have been more sweet than that!

15. I had "lurkers" stop me and ask me to open my blog back up. I told them, I already had....I just took a little vacation :)

That's all I can remember at the moment.....Gotta grab a snack and get back to work.

Praying that all you have made it and/or are travelling safely back home.

10 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

It was a long trip, but I made it back home from the Assembly. ;-) --Wish I could have spent more time with you, but Assemblys have ALWAYS been very busy for me and now they're even more so.
The 2 little girls holding hands are the daughters of Tim and Sharon Griffin and Michael and Amy Jernigan. The girls are best friends and it's dangerous to let them be together too much. HA! They're both very gregarious and fun loving and energetic. They LOVE to spend time together.
It was an amazing Assembly, beginning to end. Praise God for His blessings and the anointing He poured out on everyone present. There were MANY miracles performed this week! Only God knows how many!

Tammy Washburn said...

I know....ya'll had such a LONG way to go. Almost as long as me!

Mike told me that I didn't get to spend any time (besides a hello) with you and I told him...Trust me, she has LOT'S of people vying for her time. I can just drive up there and have lunch one day, while everybody else has to travel great distances just to say hello.

You were tooooo funny at the WMB breakfast.....about being "excited to see the Overseer and his wife". I had the same feeling one time...somebody was just soooo excited to have the state workers at their church...I turned around looking for "them" too and realized they were talking about ME!

I told your grandaughter that her mother tells us all about the "good things they do" on her blog. She grinned, and then I added..."and the bad things ya'll do"...she frowned...."But mostly all the "bad" things grandma does"...I got a hearty laugh on that one :)

It definitely was a truly AMAZING Assembly.

SIS-MC said...

Thank you Sis Tammy for opening your door to me again. I have missed you.
I also want to thank God for this wonderful assembly. AIN'T GOD GOOD????

He know just what we need-individually and collectively as the Body of Christ.

Love and prayer.

Tammy Washburn said...

Sis. Mc...you lurker you :)

Thanks for your kind words at the Assembly.

Yes, God is very gracious and good to us.

I hear ya'll have a lot more traveling to do now!

Praying for ya'll.

Tammy

Momma Tammi said...

Hey Lady!

So glad that we got to spend some extra time with you and your hubby this year.

Very thankful for all the working and changing that God did in my heart in this Assembly. I left with such a renewing, excitement and expectation. Don't know exactly what He has in store for us this year, but I do know that we are in the palm of His hand and that great things are going to happen.

Thank you! (You know why.) I love you!

Tammy Washburn said...

Tammi,
Hey! I'm glad ya'll got home safe and sound. Mike & I really enjoyed being with ya'll this year. Mike said, "I really like them". There ya go...a stamp of approval...just what ya always needed! Ha!

God has LOT'S AND LOT'S in store for ALL of us this year! Some may be good, some bad...but through it all He WILL be Faithful. (now remind me of those words when and if I go through some tuff stuff later.) This past State Convention and Assembly helped pull me out of my "down days" and I'm back to the blog world again.

Ya'll will probably see Heather and Jeremy's baby before me....so you know what to do....since we have the same name....KISS HIS/HER TOES FOR ME!!!!

I love you too!

Momma Tammi said...

I'll be sure to kiss Jonathan Thomas or Lillian Iris's precious little toes for you!

I'm still considering the return to Blogsville...jury is still out on that one.

Tammy Washburn said...

We have a family at church whose two sons are named Jonathan and Thomas. I heard about Lillian, but I think I missed the Iris part. Two flowers? Hmmmm. We'll probably just caller her Lil Lilly bug. ( we always called Heather...Heatherbug) :P

My vote? Come back to blog land!! Or at least email me more :)

Momma Tammi said...

I guess returning to blogsville depends on whether I get this job today or not. Pray for us...we both need to be working by the end of the month...only drawback to that is that we might not be able to get time off to be with our grandbaby when he/she is dedicated and THAT would break my heart.

Tammy Washburn said...

We'll be praying for you and Bro. Ray. God's gonna work it out perfectly for you. Maybe let them know right up front about the grandbaby coming :)