Say What???

When we were waiting on the sunset at The Grand Canyon rim (I'll just keep rubbing it in for a while...hahahhahha)....we heard a man giving a discourse to his grown son / son-in-law on how the Colorado River, in the course of billions of years, had dug this canyon. How fascinating!..he said.

Well, I told Mike....that "I don't believe that" .(and I wasn't talking loud, not making a scene..just having a quiet one-on-one conversation with my husband) How can ANYONE look at this and not believe in God!" (duh).

I QUIETLY shared...."For the Grand Canyon to have been created..then it must have taken a catastrophic, cataclysmic event. Like...Noah's Flood...which all men..including the native Indians of Arizona have an ancient account of. The Bible says that God "opened up the fountains of the deep" (Gen 7:11) to cause Noah's flood."

The guides had told us that the top of the canyons were really like 15 feet high Sand Dunes that were created at the bottom of a sea (like the ones found in the Sahara Desert). Then the Colorado river eventually ate through all the layers of sand, limestone, rock, etc.

I said that "this area was covered by Noah's flood and this might very well be one of the locations where the "fountains of the deep" were brought forth."

We don't really know how LONG it took for the waters to subside everywhere on the earth. Then there is that curious reference to the earth being divided during Peleg's life (1Ch 1:19 ) Then two meteors hit in the area and you can tour the huge craters. So really, it didn't take a river billions of years...a thousand maybe. :) :)

Well....let me tell you what....

The original man and his son didn't hear me...but then I noticed another man sitting behind Mike on the wall who must have. He didn't say anything...but he got soooo agitated and fidgety, and was wringing his hands together. He seemed like he was just dying to say something...so I stopped and looked over at him. I think he just got up and walked away. I can just hear what was going on in his brain now..."Stupid uneducated hicks!". Oh well, I probably could have insulted Obama and got the same reaction (i didn't)...I just said that "God created all this beauty...not the Colorado river over the course of a billion years".

Oh well...Some people just don't recognize a good education when they see it.

8 comments:

Joyce said...

Hey, this is a different subject... Are your parents evacuating?? Ike looks like it's coming really close to them.

Tammy Washburn said...

They decided to ride this one out so far. It is coming in 2 hours southwest of them. They will get more wind and rain this time being on the "right side" of the hurricane, so pray for them. With Gustav, they ended up being on the left side since it landed in Baton Rouge (2 hours east), so they didn't get much of anything.

Washington Okie said...

Tammy Washburn for President, Tammi Adams for Vice President. Mike and I will drive their limos and carry their bags. :)

Tammy Washburn said...

Hahahaha!

The nation couldn't handle us ;)

It's best to keep all this talent locked up somewhere safe. Kind of like the nuclear warhead's codes! :):)

Of course, Mike wouldn't mind driving that limo and flying to the far corners of the world on Air Force One.

Since I have very little interest in politics...just enough for me to cast one vote...I guess I'll pass.....for now. :)

Joyce said...

Will be praying....

By the way, did you take the pic on the header of your blog?? If so, good job!!! If not, good find!! :)

Tammy Washburn said...

Yep, I took it....out of 5 pix of it...it's the only angle that turned out. If you look further down in the Day 6&7 vacation post, you will see it. It was one of the little falls over the emerald pools in Zion we hiked out to.

Tammy Washburn said...

Oh, and thanks! You can also see the views from behind this particular fall too in the same post.

Momma Tammi said...

All I can say is...pardon my husband...he has absolutely lost his mind.

Amazing how jittery people get when a creationist begins explaining away their billions-of-years-evolutionist ideas.