Sunday School Crusade! - Day One

First we had a GREAT! District Convention on Saturday. Uplifting as always!!!

Sunday morning we launched the Sunday School Crusade. I ran around and got some pix of the decor. I missed one Sunday School class and the puppet stage, we'll get those later. We were running around with very little sleep (couldn't get to sleep until 12:00am, then lost the hour, then woke up at 5:30 (which really meant 4:30am!!) So I'm truly surprised things went fairly smooth. We forgot a couple of things and then had one technical difficulty to overcome, but it all went smoother than thought!

The people who showed up before 9:45 all got a mint wrapped in gold foil handed out in a gold panning pan. (silver pie plate). Everyone can use a little mint at 9:45 ya know. ;) The kids also got Gold Nugget Hershey candy during SS. if they listened to the lesson.



To get everyone settled down at 9:45 ON THE DOT...and to teach them, "you are gonna miss if you ain't on time!!!" We let this little girl start service on a video screen.



The parent's of this two year old are obviously concerned about investing God's Gold into their Child's heart!

WELCOME TO THE SUNDAY SCHOOL GOLD RUSH!
Where we search for the Gold found in God's Word!

Then Mike read some history about the California Gold Rush.

At the end, we had the Asst. Superintendent run into the sanctuary shouting, "There's Gold back here Bro. Mike. Gold! (Mike: Where?) Back there in those Sunday School room. There's Gold I tell you. You can be rich. Rich! Thar's Gold in them thar hills! (he runs about out)

All the Sunday School Teachers then all stand up shouting, "Gold! Gold!" and start running back to their rooms.

Bro. Mike: "Well folks, It looks like we have a GOLD RUSH for God's Word! Let's hurry to our Sunday School Classes to Stake our claim too!!!"

-----------------------------------------------------------

After Sunday School:

Did you find some gold!!! The Word of God is Precious and it's value unchanging.

(We invited all our little gold nuggets to sit on the front bench to see the puppet show.)

Prospector Sam (old puppet) sang a "Miner's Song" telling his history in the California Gold Rush...but later told how he got saved and is now in search for REAL GOLD..God's Gold...found in His Word!

Hi boys and girls. I’m Prospector Sam!

I hear there’s a Gold Rush going on and ya’ll have been looking for Gold!!!

I used to be an old miner looking for gold out in “Calee forn eye aye”

but now I’m looking for SPIRITUAL Gold. GOD’S GOLD.

The Bible says…The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts.

It’s easy to find God’s Gold…you just gotta know where to look.

It’s in The Word of God!

And once you find it…It’s precious and Real!

Do you know where my favorite places is to find God’s Gold??

Yep that’s right.

Smack Dab in the middle of Sunday School!

Do you know the Word of God says about being on time for Sunday School?

Proverbs 8:17-19 I love them that love me; and those that seek me EARLY shall find me.

Ya’ll know when Sunday School starts??

At 9:45!!…SO BE ON TIME! Yee-haw!!

Come on Bessie (grabs mule)…Let’s go get some Gold…..Thar’s Gold in them thar Sunday School rooms….Gold I tell ya!


(the song is where we had the technical difficulty, but fortunately I brought my computer and we just turned it on and played the song from there into the mic.)


Bro. Mike: As we saw in the first video this morning of the 2 year old...it is very important that we teach our children to search and find the Gold of God's Word from a very early age. There is NO SUBSTITUTE FOR SUNDAY SCHOOL!! Sometime in their lives they will need God's Word to comfort and guide them.

The following video is about a 13 year old boy named Logan who lives on a ranch in a very small town in Nebraska. Logan listens to a Christian Radio station from Houston, TX. Logan called in one day to the station distraught. His words have wisdom beyond his years.



------------------

As can be seen in the slide show, we have split the church into two teams to see who brings the most people to Sunday School. The losing leader of the team (Team Hopkins or Team Hawkins) gets dunked in a dunking booth OR (if it isn't warm enough) gets pie in the face at the church picnic.

-----------------
After church, we went to eat and then I activated "Nap Quest" and found the most direct route to my bed to take that two hour nap...in search of catching up with that hour+ I lost.

-------------------

Sunday Night: We were very blessed to see the Mission Videos of the Afrika trip and hear Bro. Hawkins preach.

5 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

How fun! I guess in lieu of puppets, we could dress someone up like a miner and a donkey. I'll have to remember this.

Tammy Washburn said...

For Gleaners (which is running with the same theme). I will have a man dressed as a miner come visit and teach about next weeks topic.

marshasblog said...

That sounds so exciting!! Some really neat ideas!!

Tammy Washburn said...

The original idea was from Sis. Wood's letter to the SS. Superintendents with the "Panning for Gold" idea for a Fall Campaign. Had to put it off till Spring.

Joyce said...

Busy as usual I see..... but, you should be all rested up from those vacations. :> ;)