Chicago-Day One





Well, technically day one. We have travelled 11 hours in two days to get here by car. We went by car because of the last minute decision on Mike's class for his job. Next time...definitely fly. Every ten miles in TN, we smelled a skunk. Ha! And the Indiana people drive like total crazy people! (no offense to you Indiana people ;) They don't care if there are 5 tractor trailers stacked up behind them...they are all just out enjoying the drive...IN THE LEFT LANE!!!!

Stop and smell the flowers now....


Tulips in the city.

Oh Daddy! The location of the ORIGINAL Deep Dish Chicago Pizza right behind our hotel. Ahhhhh!

The Hostess (who kinda guessed we were from out of town :) asked how we enjoyed the pizza. Another couple was listening in...so I entertained them with my best Southern /Texas drawl and sighed..."I'm in Pizza Heaven! I can never order Dominos again."

After we ate, we walked around some before we had to get back to hotel for Mike to prepare for his class the next day. Tomorrow, we'll walk around some more.


One of the boats on the Chicago River. I have taken the Architecture tour once before and we'll probably do it on this trip also with Mike this time. It's enjoyable. But surprise! We are taking a Tall Ship/Schooner sailing trip to watch the sunset and fireworks over the Chicago skyline on Sat. night!!! I've never sailed before. It should be exciting!

View of river from Drawbridge.


Backside of Wrigley Bldg looking at shiny Trump Tower.

An intersection at the river on Magnificent Mile (lot's of high priced stores.) It doesn't capture it in the pix...but you feel like you are in a man made canyon.

The Chicago Tribune



The House that Chewing Gum built.


Inside plaza of Wrigley Bldng.


One blossom on a city street.

I'll probably walk about on my own tomorrow some while Mike is in class...Bloomingdales is right across the street. :)

5 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

WOW! Thanks for the pictures! It all sounds like fun. Maybe one day I'll go. But it's doubtful. I have, however, been to the Wrigley mansion in Phoenix, AZ. I don't think it's open for tours anymore. Not sure. It's been about 25 years ago that I went. I still remember it, though.

Momma Tammi said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW! The architecture is so beautiful. The tulips are a gorgeous color and you do such a good job of capturing the sights. Thank you...I'm guessing the only times I'll ever be in Chicago is when I'm switching planes, so to be able to see it through your eyes is grand for me. Have lots of fun ooohing and ahhhing over everything.

Netty said...

So nice!

Unknown said...

Well, this Indiana person doesn't take offense. I know how some of these people drive. I am around it every day. You can even get off exit 90 coming home on I-65 and I might get my wife to cook up dinner for everyone if you have time. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. After having a son like Dustin at home all these years, you need some time of relaxing!

Tammy Washburn said...

Thanks Bro. Ryan for the Invite! Of course, your sweet wife may go...YOU DID WHAT!!! I have to COOK WHAT!!! Ha!

We may be having to zip it on home pretty fast....but I will honk when I pass exit 90! Ha!

Dustin may be petting dolphins this weekend. We have to catch up with his adventures!