Sat. Night Camp

We didn't work in camp this year...I had to work and Mike chose to get off for BTI. We did attend services on Fri. & Sat. night. Great! Both services we attended were full of children, young people and adults all in the altar. I'll have to figure out how to post the video I took and also the pix.

One thing I like about TCOG youth is that they show that they don't need the denominational world's hour+ long, head banging / hip hop / swaying and chanting to music to worship. It doesn't matter what song is sung...they worship and head to the altar to get saved, sanctified and filled with the Holy Ghost. One young man...who felt he was on his way to being an atheist...got saved and testified to his Aunt that he had never saw young people worship like that...(and he had attended another church all his life)...and THAT was real church and worship!

The camp director's son reported the camp totals to be: "21 saved. 21 sanctified. and 8 filled with the Holy Ghost" and I think 71 baptized. (I think the total attendance did get to 170 in the end.)

My son-in-law's brother and brother-in-law was saved and sanctified.

I had to drop off some clothes to my daughter on Sat. afternoon and a group of young men (my cousin, my son-in-law, and 3 guys that I used to teach in Children's Church years ago, and now attend my church again) came running up and excitedly told me about the "one hour" class in the "upper room" of the gym that turned into a 3 hour revival service with campers getting saved, sanctified and filled with The Holy Ghost and delivered!

Saturday night was also Baptism service and many, many testified and were baptized again. As I was sitting there watching the service, I did not feel the need to be baptized again and then close to the end, I felt a nudge to do it. I thought, if I'm baptized again, I would like my husband to do so also. I looked at him and asked if he wanted to. He asked, "Is the Lord telling you to do it?" I said, "I think so, but I would rather be baptized again together."

Well, we didn't realize that the line had gotten to the end (we were on the other side of an Olympic size pool) and they asked again, if anyone was left that wanted to...." 3 more people hurredly got up in the line and I told Mike, "well, if we're gonna...we better move now..." so he said "okay, let's go."

By the time we got to the line and were ready, those in the water had finished and were getting out...so we were the last of the night.

I wondered at first why I felt the nudge to be baptized again. It wasn't an overwhelming pressure...just a nudge. I've never had the nudge before because I've been baptized before and haven't backslidden or anything :)..so although it kind of puzzled me at first...I do want to obey God's nudges...and really...if it turned out not to be a nudge from God...then I'd still get blessed anyway wouldn't I? :)

While I was getting my dress pinned,suddenly a young mother from our church who had been struggeling with some decisions (I had already talked with her earlier about her children being baptized, and encouraged her) jumped up and got in line right behind me. I suddenly knew that she had been struggling with wanting to be baptized, and had waited to the last minute and almost didn't go. When she saw us get in line, she decided to go with someone she knew. I let her testify and go into the water first (they could baptize 5 at a time) and we walked in behind her. I think that if we had not gone, she would not have done it.

I testified that I was Saved, Sanctified and filled with the Holy Ghost...and that 15years ago I had taken a stand for my family all by myself. 10 years later, the Lord answered my prayers and for 5 years, God has blessed us mightily. I have felt that this year (after my husband attending BTI) that God had finally brought us full circle and we decided to be baptized together again.

Of course the Lord blessed us, and we all had a good shouting time like everyone else in the water. I think the Lord has touched my back...it feels better anyway.

I guess you'll have to go to facebook to see all the testimonies of the young people...but I believe AWESOME is the phrase they all have in common! :)

4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

PRAISE GOD for His marvelous works! Thanks for the exciting Camp report. While you were enjoying your wonderful Camp there, God was also blessing at the New Mexico campground where we were. We had 20 saved, 17 sanctified and 15 received the Holy Ghost. We had no place to have a baptismal service, though. I know it would have been wonderful. I trust the pastors will follow through and baptize these folks as soon as possible.
It never hurts to move on the Lord's "nudges." Like you said, even if it's not the Lord, nobody gets hurt and you're likely to get blessed anyway.

Tammy Washburn said...

It wonderful this time of year to hear all the good reports come rolling in!

I still have a smile on my face after what little camp I was able to attend. And my back still feels better.

Emily W said...

Because some reports came in late, there were actually 24 saved!! Praise the Lord!

Tammy Washburn said...

Wow! That is wonderful Emily!