So...when you read the previous post about my little Gleaner's injury...you might have thought....
"Oh, she over-reacted a bit didn't she?" :p
Maybe so. But the pain and remorse I felt upon seeing his cut and bleeding hand was very real to me.
But.....
Do I feel the same pain and remorse when my carelessly sharp words cause bleeding cuts on a tender heart? What if I never know or realize the wounds I've caused?
Do I understand that when I publically criticize another brother or sister that I am hardening the hearts of my children, family and friends to the very person(s) who may hold the key to their future salvation?
Please Lord....help us to be careful!
2 comments:
Good point! Help us Lord!
So true. I've felt the severe remorse after "cutting" brothers or sisters with my sharp words or attitudes. I've tried to wipe up the blood and bind the wounds, but the guilt remains in my memory. I pray God will help me to not repeat the mistakes/sins of my past. May my words and attitudes be kind, gentle, and pleasing to the Master. "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer."
Post a Comment