Nope. Not at my house. It looked like someone took a powdered sugar shaker and dusted a little sugar on the roof tops, ground and cars, but just barely.
Change of Subject...........
My husband has had some unusual events happen to him. A couple of weeks ago, he had two men he went to high school with, on separate occasions just walk up to him and start blurting out why they were divorced and remarried. Mike hadn't seen these guys in 30 something years and didn't know anything about their lives, much less who their first wife was! He'd listen and then shared some scriptures with them. But they would make their excuses and justify themselves.
Mike decided that he is going to carry some tracts around with him and memorize more key scriptures.
Last night we went out on date night and ran into a guy who used to go to a local Cogop. My husband realized that the woman he was with wasn't his wife and it must have showed on his face. I had no clue one way or the other.
We were sitted and munching on our rolls when the man gets up and sits down at our booth and starts explaining that he thought Mike may have looked at him funny when he introduced his wife to him and he felt the need to explain....and then launched into the sad story of his divorce and then how he changed churches, joined the "singles" class, re-married and is now a God called teacher at his church over the "Blended Family" ministries.
We sat there and listened. Mike explained that we had not changed on the doctrine and in fact was now TCOG (he recognized "concerned group"). He knew exactly where our church was located.
Mike can't figure out why these men just walk up to him and start explaining and justifying their D&R...when he didn't even know about it ask about it. It's kinda of getting weird. But he is determined to be armed with scriptures and tracts.
I now call him..."Father Confessor".... :-D
Frankly, It makes you wonder if the Holy Ghost in us just makes men who once knew the truth to start confessing their guilt(?). Either that or they just want us to "understand" and justify them.
Hmmmm. Interesting.
1 comment:
Weird. But I've had the same thing happen to me, but concerning issues other than D&R. I don't say a word about anything and all of a sudden I've had numerous people start explaing why they're doing, or NOT doing, whatever. I just stand there wondering why the subject even came up??? All I can figure is conviction from the Lord.
Post a Comment