Of course I'm sharing this when my only commenters are out of town, so I guess it will sit here for a while.
I know I'm called to preach/teach or is that teach/preach. As I have shared in the past...I now have a lay-minister's certificate...instead of a lay-teacher's.
My dilemma is:
If I were to continue on and get the Women's Evangelist license...I'm afraid that State Overseers might look at that license and think: "We need her to Pastor." (of course, they could also laugh and say..."you're crazier than you look!" Ha!)
Why would I be afraid? Isn't that what ministers could possibly do?
Except...(and this always surprises people about me for some reason. ; )....that I don't believe in Women Pastors. I believe in women preachers, but not pastors.
And I feel as strongly about this as some of ya'll do about not wearing pants. :)
No offense to the wonderful ladies I know who are pastors and have pastored.... but I just don't see it. I don't think any less of them...and if she were appointed to my church, I would work whole heartedly with them.
My Reasons:
1. I can't answer that question on my BTI application that says: "Are you willing to go anywhere..." (or something to that affect.) The answer is: "No, I am a woman and am subject to my Husband."
2. If I am subject to God first...then my husband.....honestly, I just don't see any room or capability to be subject to an Overseer's appointment that would affect my husband...or subject to the other men of the church. The scriptures say, "be subject to your own husbands."
3. Since women can't "baptize, marry, bury.... covenant members or conduct business conferences" (which I am very grateful for btw)...I don't see the reason a woman is appointed to be a pastor. As a pastor...there is a tad bit of ruling involved...even in the appointments.
4. When I explained someone joked, "Well, that's what Deacons are for!"
Ha!...BUT...if there is a Deacon handy...WHY ISN'T HE THE PASTOR??? Isn't that what HIS minister's license is for?
So...I will attend BTI...and if I don't get any clear cut answers on this subject....I will probably get a Teacher's license...with the clear cut knowledge that I am called to preach also. As I was told by my State Overseer BEFORE I figured out I was called to preach..."Teacher's can preach too."
Well, they sure can...and State Overseers don't normally look at someone with a teacher's license and think..."I need her to pastor."
(Others questions I've pondered..but has no bearing on this topic really)
1. If the General Assembly is one big Business Conference...from gavel to gavel.....then why are women allowed to talk, preach, sing? Wouldn't this require a "call to business conference...and close of conf." every time business is actually conducted?
2. If women ministers are not "Elders" of the church...then why are they allowed to be part of the prayer lines at the Assembly? Aren't we supposed to call upon the Elders of the Church to annoint us?
Hey...it's my job now to think about these things. :)
BTI here I come!
(Of course I am joking. I will be a perfect model student at BTI and cause no debate in class. I am there to listen and learn.)
No comments:
Post a Comment