
Due to back pain...I just didn't take any pix this year at camp. Sorry about that.
At camp I had a double sized room. On the front wall I hung light blue plastic tablecloth material from ceiling to floor and placed greenery in front of it. I wanted to use our "heaven's gates" from church, but couldn't find them.
On the floor, down the middle of the room...I taped a white plastic runner from the blue wall to the middle of the room.
Then taped down a wide red line of red plastic wider than the width of the white runner.
Then taped down a wide black plastic runner from the middle of the room to the back wall.
On the back wall, I taped red flames coming up the walk (in front of a window) so they would glow. ;)
I stuck stickers on the black runner saying: dismay, despair, hate, violence, darkness, evil, confusion, death, doubt etc. Also on the black runner I scattered out plastic chains, big and little plastic bones and a tombstone.
Then put stickers saying: love, hope, peace, life, goodness, faith, gentleness, confidence, etc. on the white runner. (I noted that satan always gives bad gifts like doubt & despair and blames them on God. God gives good gifts and never blames them on the devil. ;)
I wanted to make sure that the class understood that the roads to heaven and hell are NOT shaped like the letter "V" with a "gray" area in between.

The first day of class, I wanted to make sure they understood that REPENTANCE means completely turning around and turning your back on sin, death and darkness and coming to the Blood Line of Jesus Christ for Salvation and Sanctification so that they may cross from Death to Life, Darkness to Light. Jesus came to save us from Hell.
To choose to go back into sin means to trample over the blood of Jesus Christ and to go back and worship satan. No gray areas to live in. No souveneirs. We need to be careful not to look back into darkness because our eyes will turn our whole body around and we will turn and forsake righteousness.
We will either live in darkness or light according to whom we choose to be our master. Heaven or Hell. Holiness or Wickedness.
Explained Salvation, Sanctification because The Holy Ghost will not live in filth or darkness. We need the Holy Ghost to be the "strong man" in our hearts...so that "greater is He that is in us, than he that is in the world."
2 comments:
ooooooooohhh, that sounds SO good! Wonderful visuals. I'm so disappointed you didn't get any pictures. :-( --But glad the Lord supplied your needs and enabled you to go and minister. I can see why that nasty devil didn't want you to make it.
Wow. More stuff to steal for my Sunday School class, I think. :-) It seems so much more effective and memorable with the visual illustration--I love how it drives home the one-or-the-other / no-gray-areas thing. Good stuff!
Post a Comment