Faith needs to be stirred, not shaken.

2Ti 1:5-6 When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also. (6) Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

"It doesn't matter if you have a medicine cabinet full of medicine. God STILL heals. The Church of God STILL teaches and believes in Divine Healing! And Church of God ministers STILL need to preach the Divine Healing message!!" (Bishop Robert Hawkins)

Every now and then we need to stir our Faith by remembering the things that God has done. While my children were growing up, we called them "Faith Stories"...new and old miracles rehearsed to them at bedtime to teach them about God's miraculous power. If they doubted one, I told them to go ask the person in the Faith Story to confirm it and hear it first hand. As they witnessed some themselves, they rehearsed them for us too. The following true accounts are old stories. I haven't even written down newer events and blessings. But then...this blog may not be able to contain them all. :)


TO THE GLORY OF GOD....


My cousin had to "hack off her leg cast" after going through a healing line at a state convention years ago because God healed her broken leg.

I broke my foot. Heard and felt the crack of the bone and immediately went into shock and called my mom to come and get me. The fridge repair man who arrived at my house helped me off the floor and onto the couch. I was so determined to go to a revival that night, that I didn't go to doc, but went in great pain on crutches. Got prayed for...shouted around the room...walked out...no pain. A day later, the fridge repair man showed up at my door with the part he had ordered...I answered door and he looked at my foot and at me...and I said...."I told you I had to go to that revival!"

As a child, I broke my collar bone... They took me to church and laid me on the altar. I screamed when they lifted me. They prayed....I was healed and lifted myself off the altar. Sinner man on back bench got saved.

Survived a car accident. Great pain. Went to church. Said, "God if you want me healed, you'll have to send them to me to pray for me because I can't make it to altar. My pastor told them to go to me and annoint me (without knowing my request to God) and after shouting around the church again...no more pain or problems from that accident.

On a church related hay ride on a Sat. night, a young neighborhood boy jumps off and falls underneath double wheeled flatbed trailer full of kids while attempting to jump back on. The wheels ran over his chest. We were in the middle of no where, no cell phones back then either...so his mom and others rushed him to hospital. The Holy Ghost hit me while praying (at the top of my voice I might add) and then let me know that he would be okay. Kid was released and docs couldn't believe he had been ran over....except....there were tire track bruises on his chest and lungs. Oh wait! Lest I forget...the docs marvelled he was alive because...he had had open heart surgery two years before that and should have busted his heart wide open right there on the dirt road. I was there and saw it with my own eyes. Oh, the kid went trick or treating on Monday.

My dad had a heart attack at a funeral. No pulse. White and stiff. Church people gathered around, prayed.....he came back to life. Still living I might add.

My son, screams, grabs his side and passes out. I cannot wake him. My grandparents slid in beside the bed like they were sliding into home plate, hit heaven with their prayers as we were scooping him out of bed to rush out the door. All this happened in mere seconds. As I get to the door, the kid wakes up and asks if we are going to Grandmas.

My favorite from a State Overseer in TCOG...many would know him and his family...tells of docs telling pregnant relative to abort the baby inside her because it's head contained no brain. They decided to trust God and pray. When the time of birth came, the woman was surrounded by nurses ready to whisk the dead baby away. Nope, it came out crying and normal.

My pastor's wife was healed of brain tumor...no surgery...well documented.

I was present when a pastor's daughter in Orange, Tx foot was healed. Her foot had gone through the rusted floorboard of an old car, drug on the highway, and was all tore up. The church prayed and it was an instantaneous healing for all to see. The mother sometimes visites this forum.

My grandmother was paralized, couldn't walk, and was healed.

My mother (when 16) was dying/died in a car crash. After speaking with Jesus suddenly jumped up and shouted in The Holy Ghost, barefooted in broken glass with no cuts. The arriving ambulances took her to ER and found various internal injuries...all of which were documented on multiple xrays. The church people kept praying and then the next xray would show...no injury. Finally the docs gave up and sent her home...nothing wrong with her.

A friend of ours, hurt his back and could barely walk or work without severe pain. Went through healing line at State Convention and The Holy Ghost literally felled him on his back, smacking the base of his spine on the floor. He rolled back onto his back and I looked at his wife to see if she thought he was okay. More than okay...The Holy Ghost healed him on the spot. Got up, no pain...went back to work.

I was 14 years old and did something veeeeeeerrry stupid.
Needless to say...rat tail combs, ear canals, and walls should never come in contact with each other. OUCH! Most of you know that I grew up in a home that believed only in divine healing (probably the reason why I can share so many testimonies).... but this was the first serious injury when I was old enough to make my own choices.....so my parents told me that they would take me to the ER if I wanted to go. I thought about it and prayed and decided to trust God. Yeah, a busted ear drum is painful....and it seemed that my healing was delayed. My parents would have still taken me, but I still refused. After a few days, my father (fully knowing the situation ;o) asked me to search my heart to make sure that nothing was between me and God. (Yes, when you need something in your life...healing, blessing, prayers answered...this is one of the first things that you do...and make sure you take care of it...even if the prayer never gets answered...or even if God says "no".) See...he knew and I knew...(yes, I was young) that I had told a falsehood. When the accident first occurred, my parents asked me if I had the rat tail comb in my ear...but out of fear of maybe punishment Ha!....I told them "no, just near my ear when the accident occurred." (I told you I was stupid.) My daddy then told me that I needed to repent and get this out of the way because it was standing between me and God. (some people have to get unforgiveness out of their lives.) Whether God healed me or not....I needed to have my soul clean before God. I sincerely repented in tears and sorrow.... Guess what? God healed me that night. The pain and drained immediately went away, but my ear was still "stuffed up". I kept praying and went back to school. The next Sunday, while singing congregation songs in church, my ear suddenly went "POP"...suddenly my complete hearing returned and the piano and singing was very LOUD...I cringed...then realized what happened and started praising God!

We were going door to door collecting Prayer Requests. My knee was hurting really bad that day and I was limping...but I was determined to go. I thought the street that ran behind our church was flat, but saw that it was hilly instead. I told the family that I would go to a few houses to teach them how, but I may not be able to make it up and down the hills with my knee. Well......(you know what happened don't you)....about the 5th house down...we were so excited...the kids were so excited...that I suddenly realized that I was running up the hill to get to the next house...with no pain at all in my knee! We talked to people at about 8-10 houses and then went running back down the street to church that night...all excited to turn in our prayer requests. Knee pain gone.

Ain't God Grand!

4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

The blood of Jesus has never lost its power! I believe A.J. Tomlinson once wrote/said, "If the blood of Christ can save our souls, it can heal our bodies. It's the same blood. If it can't heal our bodies, neither can it save our soul from sin." (He said something to that effect) We wouldn't think of any other source of salvation, so why would we go to an inferior source for physical healing? God, give me grace to trust You completely for all healing. It feels safer, to me, to trust the Lord. Doctors and hospitals are just too scary. :-D

Tammy Washburn said...

Sis. Smith! You must have found some internet in Honduras!!! How's the convention?

Vicki Smith said...

The Convention doesn~t begin until tonight. We~re just chilling out until then. Please excuse the lack of apostrophe--this Spanish keyboard has the symbols all mixed up and it~s been a challenge trying to figure it out. LOL
We~re looking forward to worshipping with the folks tonight and through the weekend. A delegation met us at the airport with a Church flag and a Honduran flag, singing a Church song. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Tammy Washburn said...

Awwww...such a sweet welcome! We've been praying and will KEEP praying about your message you are giving at the Conv. (remember even tho' it's an hour long...they have to translate...so really it's 30 minutes.:)