I see everybody is as slow as I am about posting, but I know they have been traveling and having company. I just have been busy at work.
I coughed by head off at retreat and during my TAP group, but fortunately NOT at night when trying to sleep. Then, I get home and hardly cough at all...just a little occasionally. Ain't that just like the devil.
Sis. Horne did a fabulous job as director & moderator. The only complaint I heard was that she needs to speak a little louder (or not avoid the microphone). Ha! We all loved her devotions. They were interesting and right on target. EXACTLY what devotions are supposed to be! (I don't know why Sis. Becky was so worried. :)
It was a treat to have Sis. Emilee lead in singing. Glad you got to come to Alabama!!
I tell you...if you think Sis. Bishop preaches good, you should've heard her at this retreat. I do believe she outdid herself. Wonderful!
Of course you can't possible go wrong with teachers like Sis. Missy Hawkins and Sis. Allene Cox. They had timely, "deep thinking" classes.
I slept in the "sleepers" (snorers) room. hahahahhaha! We all snored, including me I'm sure...but we did go to bed before or by midnight....not like those noisy, stay up to 5:00 am people. Ha!
I survived my first TAP group! Of course I had Sis. Bishop and Sis. Werkheiser in it, which is a little bit intimidating! I know I made a mistake which I will correct if I ever do TAP again (need a little bit more "getting to know you" time)...and I ended up teaching it like a "mini class" complete with booklet which probably went against what a TAP group is SUPPOSED to be. I also neglected to get "gifty things" for my group, which probably made my group feel "empty handed". ~sigh~ So if Sis. Horne gets complaints, that's okay. I understand.
I had to leave Sunday morning after TAP and miss the preaching. The local Cogop church decided to honor their 90 year old members (Elite 90's Club) that very same Sunday and Mike's mom was included. She doesn't attend there, nor is a member at that local Cogop church, but she was a charter member so they included her. Mike had to do a power point picture presentation and wanted me there with the family, so I had to throw my bags in the truck and drive like the wind to get there in time. He worked so hard on timing the powerpoint to "Find us Faithful"...and then the song disappeared right when the pictures started on the slideshow. He was disapointed. Oh well, technical difficulties.
The retreat was a great blessing!
2 comments:
I thought the Retreat was perfect. I loved everything about it, including the fabulous weather. I especially enjoyed getting outside for Hide-Away Time. I love that part of Ladies' Retreat and was so happy the AL ladies embraced it so readily. The cooperation and enthusiasm of the AL ladies were a tremendous blessing.
I guess I've been to so many IYC's and other events that had hideaway time, I guess I just thot we had it all along. But then I've only been to two (including this one) of the three AL Ladies retreats we've had.
Post a Comment