4-27-11 Tornado Tuscaloosa, Al from Crimson Tide Productions on Vimeo.
The Tuscaloosa monster started in Mississippi and destroyed Tuscaloosa 30 miles from us and passed a few miles from my mother-in-law and cousin's family in Pleasant Grove and continued across the state. Thankfully none of us had to look this monster in the eye. We personally only got some stiff breezes at our house while we listened to the destruction on a small battery radio with earphones. Our electricity had been knocked out early that morning at 5:00 am because of 100 mph straight line winds that knocked trees down all over the state. They warned us then that even worse was yet to come.

So far 254 have lost their lives from the multiple tornados that hit that day. The Lord was gracious to all our church members and churches in the state, because this monster wasn't the only one raging that day. Some of our members lived in the towns affected and/or had family there also. I haven't heard of any casualties from anyone I personally know and God kept all our churches and church people safe.
I have heard of two Cogop churches and parsonage in Hackleburg & Phil Cambell that was destroyed. Thankfully the Pastor and his family are safe, but the Cogop S.O. wife did mention on her facebook of one member being dead and some missing. I've since heard that Rick Flippo's Uncle Curtis' home was destroyed (Curtis & Pat are safe) and that Misti Martins home was destroyed. Please pray for them.
Several towns have been literally wiped off the map. Hackleburg, Phil Cambell, Pratt City, Pleasant Grove, and others like Tuscaloosa, Cullman, Cordova and others devestated.
2 comments:
That same big storm ended here. 8 or 9 people died here in Bradley County. 5 or 6 of them were here in town. There are trees down all over the place, and real close to our house, but God totally protected our property. The worst damage I've heard of in all TCOG is Brother Fender's car, and electricity being out. We were without power for only about 30 hours. Not bad. God has been very gracious to all of us.
I heard today that 5 families from the Peerless Road COGOP lost their homes. So sorry to hear about it. I'm praying for all those who are suffering.
I didn't realize it was so bad in Cleveland. I knew about the awning at Zion, but didn't the rest. So glad nothing of yours was damaged.
We heard Sis. Susan Mason's (Sommerville TCOG) cousin was killed. Pray for them.
Bro. Fender's new red car? Poor thing, I heard it was his "baby".
Post a Comment