Pre-Assembly stuff

Mike and I received our Minister's licenses last night. He will be ordained at the Assembly. My Brother-In-Law will also be ordained as a Bishop. (And my parents thought their son-in-laws wouldn't amount to anything! hahahahha!)

Mike also received his tests back from BTI (Thanks Sis. Smith!) and I'm a little bummed that he made better scores than I did. Ha! But that's okay. I love studying those book over and over again.

Parents spent the weekend with me while migrating to the G.A. Had a great time and will see them there.

Trying to find dresses is like a trip to the dentist without a pain killer. I haven't found a new dressy dress in a year (since last Assembly). I found one that I LOVE, but it seems to be a 1/2 size too small in places. I'm stuck between sizes it seems. I've lost a little weight, but not enough obviously. However, I'm working on losing weight in the long term, not the short term. My goal is to be healthy to go on a Mission Trip next year and be active.

Everything else seems to be on a holding pattern until after the Assembly....except the workers showing up at my house. We had called for a door replacement (blinds inside door were bent) in June. They kept bringing the wrong door, so of course, they showed up when my parents were here. However, the door is still a problem, so they'll have to come back......

We also had hoped our stonework on front porch would be done before Mom & Dad got here, but the workers arrived several days too late and we had to only allow them to work on parts of the house because the porch is the only level way into the house and Dad can't see to climb down the hill to the deck. Maybe they'll come today or tomorrow and finish the job before the Assembly.

See ya'll at the Assembly!

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

How neat that Brother Mike and Brother Mack will both be ordained the same year! Our son will also be ordained a bishop this year. :-) It's a special year, for sure!
I know what you mean about dress shopping. That's why I pretty much gave up about 20 years ago. I'm in desperate need of some new dresses but I haven't had time to sew. I'm going to have to MAKE time real soon. After the Assembly. ;-)
See you real soon!

Tammy Washburn said...

Congrats to Bro. Jonathan!

I used to sew years ago, but definitely do not have the time or the skills anymore. I forgot how to thread a machine! I just have to glean and grab them when I find them!

We'll be at the Assembly on Thursday! See ya there!