Gleaner WMB Program

A little while back, Sis. Booth (WMB Leaders)asked me to be in charge of Missions Service during January. I agreed and then later asked if the Jr. VLBs / Gleaners could do the service. She had mentioned they could the last time I did Missions Service, but didn't do it because of lack of time. She said yes, so last Sunday night the Jr. VLBs / Gleaners were busy planning their service. They were all nervous, but eager to participate. (I LOVE that!)

We planned out on the big dry eraser board what each one's job was and accounted for the few that were absent that night. Sam & Zach were more shy, but I got them to do offering and puppets. During the planning session, I had called the song leaders, "Praise Team" and then quickly changed it to "Worship Leaders" because I can't stand the first phrase. (just my personal opinion from my 10 years of having to sit on cogop pews). During practice on Tuesday night, when Katie Horne mentioned "praise team" to her mother, evidently Sis. Horne feels the same way. hahahahahahahahahahaha....because Katie asked me if we could change it during practice. LOL! I told her that I had already changed it again to "Song Leaders". Me & Sis. Horne thinks alike on stuff like that.

For the main speakers, I asked the new Gleaner WMB Leader, Sis. Katie Horne to "come up with something" and asked the Gleaner VLB leader (Dalton Cox) to do a talk he had done previously. (The previous Gleaner WMB Leader Katie Farr has now graduated into become our new Primary Gleaner leader for the youngest Gleaners.) Both of our speakers did excellent jobs of coming up with their main speaking parts on their own.
---------------------------------

THEME: This Little Light of Mine

Welcome & Opening Prayer: BRO. MICHAEL FARR (moderated entire service)

SCRIPTURE READING: BRO. JOE HORNE (Matthew 5:14-16)

DEVOTION READING SIS. KATIE FARR

SONG LEADERS: SIS. KATIE HORNE, SIS. MADISON COX, SIS. ELIZABETH DICKINSON 1. Send the Light 2. Keep On the Firing Line

(Musicians: BRO. MICHAEL FARR (drums), BRO. JOE HORNE (guitar), BRO. ZACHARY FARR (tambourine), BRO. DALTON COX (bass), BRO. JAMES HORNE (piano):-) (we let a big kid on stage)

OFFERING: Ushers BRO. SAM HORNE, BRO. ZACHARY FARR (Bro. JOE HORNE & DALTON COX - Instrumental during offering)

SPECIAL SONGS: SIS. LAURA DICKINSON, SIS. ELIZABETH DICKINSON, SIS. MADISON COX

PUPPET SHOW: ALL GLEANERS: 2 SONGS, 1 SCRIPT

SPECIAL SPEAKERS: 1. Gleaner WMB Leader, SIS. KATIE HORNE 2. BRO. DALTON COX

ALTAR PRAYER & DISMISSAL

--------------------------------

I am so proud of these Jr. VLBs: Katie Farr, Dalton Cox, Laura Dickinson AND the Gleaners: Michael Farr, Madison Cox, Katie Horne, Joe Horne, Sam Horne, Elizabeth Dickinson, Zachary Farr. (We were missing two Gleaners, but I am proud of Jacob Parker and Jadyn Parker too!!) They were all nervous, but we stopped and prayed and no one backed out of their jobs at the last minute. They ran the entire service from start to finish without my assistance. The only time I assisted was to slip behind the puppet stage to make sure all was in order. They had it all under control and the only thing they needed me for was to quickly tape the tea lights back onto the puppets head for the script.

The girls who had volunteered to sing specials were ESPECIALLY nervous. This was the first time for two younger and only the 2nd time for the oldest. They all mustered up the courage to sing their songs and they were especially happy that I had put a stand to hold their words up there, because two ended up hiding behind it. I really thought Madison was going to faint. Before service, she was literally shaking of fear and cold and kept shaking until after she sang. She told her Gran that the Lord was dealing with her to sing again. We could hear her gasping for breath and singing through tears, but amazingly that child had the courage to sing her song. It was so beautiful to see them up there determined to sing for the Lord in spite of their nerves and fears. The congregation was crying and praising God. The youngest singer (Elizebeth) looked at me crying and asked, "Did you feel this when I sang" and I hugged her and told her "yes, I felt the Lord then too."

Each Gleaner took their part on program seriously, and frankly I'm pretty sure we could turn the whole church over to them after just a little more training! :-) I told them when we were planning the service, that I probably have a good 10 years left in me and they needed to hurry up so they could take my place. There is a couple Gleaners in there now that could take over for me next week if they're respective parents would let them. Ha!

5 comments:

Christy said...

Aww - makes me miss the kids so bad! I'm very proud of them. And, glad you're keeping the puppets going, too!

Tammy Washburn said...

We miss you too! And Crystal! And Sheila! SOMEBODY come home!!!!

Vicki Smith said...

Sounds wonderful! What a neat idea. And what valuable experience for the kids.

cokelady said...

Katie has been forbidden--she is NOT ALLOWED to take over! She may be USED, but not in control--it's not good for a child like her. Hahahahaha! All of the kids did sooooo good the other night. I was truly blessed. :-)

Tammy Washburn said...

LOL!