I spent 3.5 hours standing in line for my car tags, from 7:30am to 11:00am just so that I could write them a check for $6oo+ for tags/taxes! I not only feel tired, but broke too! The Court House didn't open until 8:00am, but at 7:30am the line was already 1/2 way down the city block. The 2nd person in line said he got there at 4:30am. That's crazy because he still had to stand in line as long as I did...in the dark...in downtown Bessemer!
By the time we got to the end, I was feeling like family with the people in line with me. Fortunately there was a 9 1/2 year old girl in line with me that kept me entertained with her upcoming trip to Disney this week. Her Grandma thought she was bothering me, but I assured her that as a Children's Church teacher, I talk to 9 year olds all the time. The little boy who kept himself occupied with a video game assured me that his Children's Church teacher thought he was the "best in class" and a "leader". I told him he was welcome to our church anytime! :) I was glad to stand in line with cheerful, helpful and happy people. When I looked down the line behind me, they didn't look so cheerful. :)
Sunday night, Sis. Horne had a great VLB service last night. Although Mike & I picked on her about "feeling like stubble". Ha! We thought her lesson was very thought provoking, interesting and the kind that makes you want to make changes in your life. (BTW, I talked Mike out of going to McAllister's after church because I had to be at the Court House at 7:30 to stand in line bright and early!)
Saturday, was our Dist. Convention. Great as always. Enjoyed all the preaching and boosts. Am always glad to get my boost over with early, so I can enjoy the rest.
As for Facebook, I've decided to close the account. I decided that I am tired of thinking about FB everyday or having conversations about "did you see that on FB?" Of course, FB has its great side. You can keep up with a lot of people all at once and get prayer requests out really fast, but I'll let Mike keep up with all that stuff. I'm trying to turn my attention to other things for now.
4 comments:
With facebook out of your life maybe you'll have time to blog a little more often??? :-D
You're AMAZING if you can stand in line for 3 1/2 hours to empty your bank account and still be cheerful! HA! Surely there's GOT to be a better way.
I love preaching/teaching that makes me think, that brings conviction, and that makes me want to CHANGE and become more like the Lord. The shout is fun, but it's fleeting and doesn't affect a change in your lifestyle. The messages and classes that make us go, "OUCH!" are the ones that are more likely to cause us to purpose in our hearts to move up higher.
Time to blog...and perhaps to write? :) I've decided I just don't want FB on my radar anymore.
I joked with the lady in line that the Jefferson County Tag line must have been the answer to my prayer for patience. Ha! If I had went on another day or later in the day, the line would have been 4-5 hours long. Jefferson County is bankrupt and have closed all satellite offices. There are only 2 locations for the HUGE county. The new illegal alien law has only made things worse.
I believe the blessed power of Sanctification and The Holy Ghost allowed me to see that this was a great time to allow HIM to shine through, so I smiled the whole time through and looked for ways to talk about the Lord. Amazing how much that cheered ME up EVEN after I had to empty the old bank account!
The officer with a gun who had to direct the extremely long line of grumpy people every day did a double take at me and said, "Look at that smile! Keep on smilling."
It would be a great church ministry this summer to hand out water to the long line...if only we had people who were at home during the day that could do it. (I'm talking about myself. :-)
Sis. Horne is GREAT at those OUCH lessons and I'm glad she is. :-)
Like you, I feel that shouting has never changed my behaviour, it has given me a blessing, but only the Word has changed my heart.
Cute blog template!
What happened to blogger's option of signing up for notifications when a new comment has been posted? You just have to keep checking back to see if anybody said anything else. ???
I just started a whole new series of "OUCH" lessons in our Ladies' Bible Study last night.
Thanks, I figured snow wasn't applicable anymore. :-)
I never used that feature, so I don't know.
Sis. Tennie is looking into us studying "30 Days to Taming Your Tongue". Talking about OUCHIES! Ha!
Post a Comment