Last night & this morning

We had a sweet Holy Ghost spirit of praise and then weeping for lost loved ones at the altar last night at church.  This morning, we were awakened by the news that a young man who attends our church with his cousins was in a serious car accident and airlifted to the hospital this morning.  Please pray for him that he will first be saved and healed.

Alaena also started her new job this morning and Chris starts his this coming Friday.  Pray for them also.

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

It pays to be ready to meet the Lord, doesn't it?

Tammy Washburn said...

Yes. We visited the young man in the hospital tonight. Evidently while trying to avoid a kid on a bicycle, he swerved, rolled his jeep down an embankement and he was thrown from the vehicle and his body hit a tree. Thank God he has only sufferred bruised lungs, bruised spleen and cuts all over his body. He was in a lot of pain, but talking and told us he was praying. We prayed with him and the Holy Ghost was there with us...we couldn't stay long because of the pain.
I am very, very grateful that he wasn't the third children's church "Kid" that I have lost to an accident. Twice I begged one of my "kids" to get saved and he refused...I never got the third chance. I did hear two years later that they had revived him for 2 minutes. I pray he remembered our conversations and me begging him to turn to the Lord.

Don't mistake the mercies of God for the approval of God.

Vicki Smith said...

Amen! God's mercy is sure, but so is His judgment.