I guess that I got surprised tonight because he answered such a little desire. Not a big need, just a small thing. At dinner tonight, I was explaining to Mike that I would like to visit the thrift store to see if I could pick up some things for church. I wished I could find a Noah's Ark and maybe some other things for the younger kids.
I went straight back to the toy section and as I walked through the stuffed animals, I thought about the lamb I had promised Jadyn (4 years old) that I would get for her. She told me with her great big eyes that she wished she could have a lamb after playing with two little toy lambs in Sunday School. Well, I found a little lamb purse that says Jesus Loves Me in great condition. I am washing to make sure it is nice and clean for the little sweetheart.
Next I started praying and asked the Lord if there were a Noah's Ark in this store, to please help me find it. Instead I found the little Bible story book that I had wanted to buy at the Christian Book store yesterday. At that store it was $9.99...I got it tonight for $1.99. I laughed and told God that "he really is a good guy" and thanked him for the book.
I also picked up a few Little Tykes and Fisher Price xylophones really cheap because I like to torture myself with noise in Children's Church. By this time I figured that God had blessed me plenty with the items I had already gotten.
God reminded me that if he cares for these little wishes in my life, then he can certainly take care of those big things too.

5 comments:
I love this. :-) Just a week or two ago I was overwhelmed by the same sort of feeling. I told James how AMAZED I was that God takes the time to answer my silly little insignificant prayers--the small things that don't really matter all that much (except to me) but He loves us sooooo much and He loves it when we take our requests to Him. And He answers them (even the "little" prayers) SO SPECIFICALLY!
I share your joy. :-)
I love the Noah's Ark. But you are a MAD WOMAN for buying one of those horrible xylophones!!! Ha!
It took me three tries to get that comment to publish... if an additional two copies show up I'm really sorry! ;-)
I picked up FOUR xylophones. LOL!
I needed this reassurance last night because God knew another BIG worry would hit us this morning, but I'm resting on "all things work together for good..." God is bigger than all our problems if we trust in him.
FOUR XYLOPHONES?!?!?!?!? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??? They really have driven you to distraction, haven't they? Hahahahaha!
I will pray for you and your big worry. :-) You're right--it is so wonderful of God to give you reassurance of His care and ability to answer prayers/meet needs just when He knows you need it.
Oh--and I'll see you in the morning! (We'll be in town after all.)
LOVE the ark!!! How cute! And it's especially neat that it's handmade. Surely somebody bought this at a craft fair or something and it's not somebodies family heirloom. I love handmade stuff. It's way more special than manufactured stuff.
Praise God for His goodness to us. We sang "Victory in Jesus" tonight and all of a sudden I was overwhelmed with the line that says "He loved me ERE I knew Him." That's an amazing thought. HE LOVES US and He HAS loved us from the begging of time. What a mighty God we serve!
Post a Comment