trying to kill us!!!!! hahahahahahahahhahahahahhahaha! (JUST JOKING!)
Do you hear see a hysterical note in there somewhere!
I have spent Saturday washing all our clothes and Sunday afternoon we spend over 2 hours clutching my LIST BOOK wandering through an unfamiliar Walmart looking for needles in a haystack.
I find out this morning that we not only have the Mission Crusade, but also a NTL. CONVENTION to plan for...which means another message for me and another class for Mike. That thump you heard was Michael....and the hysterical laughter is me. That's Tues - Thurs: Mission Campaign, Friday-Sunday: Convention!!!!!!!!
WE'RE SO EXCITED AND SCARED TO DEATH CAUSE GOD HAS JERKED US OUT OF OF OUR COMFORT ZONE AND PLUNGED US RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE UNKOWN IN EVERY AREA OF OUR LIVES!!
I was a bit nervous about teaching an Altar Workers class during the first convention because unfortunately it has been a while that I have done any Altar Work. I think BTI may have been the last time. (Isn't that terrible) and I don't consider myself to be an expert in that area at all because of lack of experience and/or opportunity. I was thrilled to find out that I would be teaching out of the new Altar Workers book that the Church has just recently published.
However, my niece wanted to pray in the altar last night at church and SHE WAS SAVED AND SANCTIFIED!!! ISN'T GOD GOOD!!! HE SAVED MY NIECE AND GAVE ME RECENT ALTAR WORKERS EXPERIENCE ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!! I CAN'T CONTAIN MYSELF!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A PRIVILEGE AND HONOR TO LEAD SOMEONE TO THE LORD!
Suddenly, this trip seems all too REAL AND SCARY NOW....but we've fasted and prayed and will do more and I'm convinced that God will provide all the inspiration that we need. Mike and I aren't exactly "fly by the seats of our pants" people. We need lots of time to prepare and study and suddenly the schedule is quickly filling up with preaching and teach opportunities that we never even imagined. I THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO REALLY BE MORE LIKE SMILING AMBASSADORS OR SOMETHING! But we are going to hit the ground running and trust God will provide the energy, the stamina, the inspiration, the whatever we need to survive this joyous wondrous experience!!!!!
P.S. We heard from Mike's company regarding the internal department transfer this morning. You don't even want to know. We're trying to process everything for now. Right now, I'm just concentrating on Peru.
2 comments:
I really, TRULY, prefer to just be a smiling ambassador. I want THAT to be my ministry! I haven't even really checked out the schedule sent to me. I know Brother Oscar asked if I could sing some Spanish songs. No problem. And he asked me about teaching a classs on "Evangelism at Home." If there's anything else, I don't want to know right now. I'm panicked enough already. I'm already running late for the EL and I HAVE to have it finished, proofread and printing before I leave the office on Friday. And, I have Ladies' Bible Study tomorrow night, for which I'm totally not prepared. I made GREAT strides today in getting my BTI chores caught up, but I'm still not on top of it. I know God knows what all we've got going on in our lives, and He will prepare us for our responsibilities if we rely on Him.
PRAISE GOD for your niece's new life!!! And for giving you some hands on experience to aid in your class presentation. :-)
Michael and I will be happy to torment the congregation by singing Spanish songs with a thick Alabama accent if you will trade us for one class or message a piece. :-)
Post a Comment