We're in the process of packing, planning and preparing for Peru. Writing lists and trying to make sure we have everything and making sure it will all fit, etc. We're trying to pack light. :-) Fortunately all the clothes I'm taking are light weight summer clothes since it is warm there.
I hope my new voltage converter and or adapters work on my new blow drying wand. I think I'm the only one in the group that needs a plug in hair styling tool. I also have a new travel steamer. If not, I'll be wrinkled and look weird! Oh well!
Now that the shock of preaching and teaching classes are over, I've found out that I am to be teaching the Altar Workers Class 1 out of the new church Altar Workers booklet with Sis. Shanna who will be teaching Class 2. At first we didn't know what constituted Class 1 & 2, but Bro. Pimentel quickly filled us in and we're mucho relieved. However, Mike has to come up with his own two classes, but fortunately we have the "Evangelism - The Heartbeat of the Church" in my office and the materials on church evangelism Bro. Campbell used at an AL Men's retreat. Mike will email Bro. Campbell to see if its okay to use that. So he's got plenty of material to access from. Bro. Pimental said that was great.
Now, I just have to come up with my message. I have a bit of an idea from an old message I did years ago, but am undecided still. I need that inspiration Lord!
So far, I've lost 26 pounds since Ladies Retreat in Oct. (I actually have lost 2 more and gained them back this week :-) I couldn't resist an evening Mexican Food dinner last night! Hopefully I'll lose them again. I'm really wanting to feel good in Peru and not be huffing and puffing around. My blouses will be a bit loose and my skirts will need a dart or two, but they're all okay to wear. I may pick up a couple of flowy skirts for the plane at the thrift store hopefully.
We're also in the valley of decision. Mike's job has ended and he has been offered another job in his company in Phoenix, AZ. That job is like 8 miles from the church there. At one time, we've assumed we would leave Alabama after his mom died because both of our children live out of state and there was not a lot to hold us here anymore. But all that has changed with the arrival of my neice's triplets. They have started coming to church and I'm their SS teacher and we love them very much. We also love our local church. However, we are prepared to do the Lord's Will either way. Stay or Go. We just don't know what that way is yet. The job starts the Tues. after we get back from Peru. HELP!! PRAY!! (I know AZ Region people will pray to COME! and I know AL people will pray STAY! So I'm really asking prayer from you neutral people out there who read and never comment. :-) We know that God will work all things out for the good whether we go or stay. Even selling a house in a down market. (I don't even want to think about that right now.)
1 comment:
My, my, my. So much to pray about! It can be scary, trying to find God's perfect will (the one that is truly HIS, and not disguised as His but really your own deep down). But it can be exhilarating! It can be a thrill to learn to truly step out by faith! --If God is calling you to MOVE, He will take care of the other issues like selling your house, and taking care of the niece and great-nephews.
I've got SO MUCH to do this week before we leave! I'm feeling the pressure. I don't know when I'll have time to work on my class. But I'm counting on God to work it all out. And to help me remember everything I need to take. I usually don't pack until the last minute. The MOST IMPORTANT thing is the passport. You can survive, or make do without about anything else, but you'll not get on the plane without the passport. Please, God, don't let me forget!!!
Post a Comment