Two Weeks Now...

Roses for my arrival two weeks ago today. Standing in front of brown wall in our dining area.

 Visit to Cave Creek, AZ.  A little western touristy town.
Really good burgers here.
 The Boulders in Scottsdale. Unusual rock formations.
The Mission in Old Town, Scottsdale, AZ
 South Mountain Lookout point

Sunset in the desert

 Sunset over Phoenix
Sunset over Phoenix
Aren't cactuses pretty!  Carefree, AZ
Ironshop in Old Town Scottsdale, AZ

Father's Days Gifts for Sunday School. Got the tool kit on clearance for 2.99 at Lowes. 
I'm the new Sunday School Superintendent and Adult Sunday School Teacher.

 No, I didn't read poems.  I just did a (could have been shorter) talk on Noah that probably made them wish I would just read a poem and get it over with. hahahahahaha!  I'll try to improve!
Finished product. 

6 comments:

Katie said...

sure do miss ya'll! yes, the rocks in az do have some pretty crazy waze of being positioned, but the sunsets and cactuses are really neat. dont touch the cactuses that look soft. they hurt the worst, trust me, i know!!!

Vicki Smith said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures! The desert does have a beauty all its own.
So happy you were able to jump right in there and be a part of ministering in some manner. The WORST is to move to a new locale and not be used for ANYTHING. That's so unsettling!

EmileeAnn said...

Ha! Not be used in our region? That's not likely. :-)

Great Father's Day gifts...our Dads got balloon swords and chocolate chip cookies. We were in the midst of VBS.

Can't wait to see you guys at convention!

Tammy Washburn said...

We sure do miss you all too Katie. I think about y'all a lot and look forward to seeing you in July. I'll make sure I don't touch any cactuses even if they are soft looking. Thanks for the tip.

Sis Smith, the desert is beautiful...at least from our car window. It's too hot to walk in it right now. Yep no rest for us in this local church. I taught Sunday school the first Sunday I was there! I had met some on the previous wed night. I started SS Super for first time on Fathers Day and I'll do Gleaners in July. They only have Gleaners once a month during VLBS and I'm Sis Brooks assistant. Mike is CPMA leader and has his first service this week and we are both ABM leaders which we hope to get started soon. Mike will have to figure out how to do his first business conference this coming Sunday! I have to remind myself that I've only been here for two weeks now! We also take a sister home every Sunday and attend a home prayer meeting every week and will attend the outreach meeting on Saturday. And we haven't gotten the ABM meetings together yet! whew!!!!

Sis Emilee... I think men in every church would like balloon swords And chocolate chip cookies. I'll keep that in mind for next year. Looking forward to seeing you at the Regional Convention too!!!!!!!!

We also booked my flight to AL for me to attend AL state convention to fulfill our parts on program and say goodby to the state. Mike won't be able to go until Assembly time. I will stay until the assembly so I won't be in AZ during the month of August. I'll pack up our house and we will drive the truck to AZ after the Assembly.

ToughLady said...

Sister Tammy I am sorry you found out I have a twin, I keep that a secret, Maybe some day you will meet her I say someday...

Tammy Washburn said...

Sis Janis, if she is anything like you then she must be a great person.