Well, the church landlord didn't want to work with us all the way. He said he would give us a small room next door to the new main room he was moving us to for a great price (extra $25 per month), but we would have to pay $500 for a new door to be punched through the wall (which I am convinced was unnecessary if he would have been willing to listen, but he wasn't.) and also we had to paint over the huge, dark ugly mural that the previous tenant left ourselves, which would be at least $100. The Church discussed it and decided that if we needed to raise $600 because we were being moved to a new room, then we needed to have a year's lease. But...the landlord didn't want to give us a year's lease...only 6 months at most because if he had another tenant move in next door, he wanted to move us out. Since we couldn't get a year's lease, we decided to just stick with the one room. Fortunately, the landlord is letting us use some cubicle walls to section off a children's Sunday School room. Although our room is bigger in the sanctuary area, we lost a separate SS and storage room.
So, I now teach 3 children behind cubicle walls in the front corner of the sanctuary by the front door. Technically, I have a little more room to teach in than the previous room, but we store some things behind the walls too. The biggest thing is that we have to be quieter because we have two teachers teaching in the same room. The adult teacher up front (Mike, Sis. Treadwell or Adam Clifton) and me or Sara Clifton behind the cubicle. And if any of you know how exuberantly I like to teach kids....ha! Well, THE KIDS WERE GREAT! and are TROOPERS! They were so quiet and well behaved. Although each class could hear each other a little bit, neither were distracting I am told to the other class. Also about 10 minutes before class is over, I sneak the kids out to play Bible Memory games which also allows them to REST from being so quiet and still. We were singing "In right, Out right, Up right, Down right Happy all the time" song as fast we could whisper/sing it all huddled together. hahahhaha! Actually, it was more fun to sing that way I think. The plus sides of the move is that we have closer parking, and we are closer to the elevator and the bathrooms. We are still on the upper level of an office complex and we have to walk outdoors to one set of the four sets of bathrooms that take care of the whole complex and open them with keys. Now we don't have to walk totally around the complex, but just across a little bridge area.
We know the Lord has something great in store for us soon. We probably only have about 6 months to find another place...but the landlord could move us out anytime he wants. So keep praying that the Lord will lead us to the place we need to be. Also pray for Sis. Brooks because all this move and negotiating has been stressful on her and we want to Lord to give her an extra special blessing.
I'll try to remember to take pictures of the new place.
1 comment:
Unfortunately I'm all too familiar with the uncertainty of renting less than ideal facilities. I'll be praying for you guys. God always has a plan!
Post a Comment