Okay, Let's Eat!

CHOCOLATE CHIP DIP
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/8 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Cream the cream cheese and whipping cream together. Mix in the brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips. Serve with Nilla wafers, graham crackers, angel food or pound cake squares.

HAVARTI CHEESE SPREAD
One 8 oz can Crescent Rolls
1 small block Havarti Cheese (found in specialty cheese section)

Unroll crescent rolls into rectangle. Wrap around Havarti cheese block. Make sure all seams are pressed closed. Put in Small Oval Baker (lightly greased) and bake at 350 degrees until golden brown. Serve with butter crackers.

MINI CINNAMON ROLL CHRISTMAS TREE
1 can refrigerated Crescent Rolls
2 tablespoons butter or margarine softened
2 tablespoons sugar
½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons raisins (optional)
¾ cup powdered sugar
2-3 tablespoons milk
red and green candied fruit or candies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Unroll crescent roll dough into one large rectangle. Lightly roll dough to seal perforations. Spread butter evenly over dough. Combine sugar and cinnamon & sprinkle evenly over dough. Sprinkle with raisins. Starting at longer side, roll up rectangle; seal edges. Cut roll crosswise into 22 slices. Place slices, cut side down rectangle lightly greased cookie sheet to form a tree. Begin with 1 slice at top; arrange 2 slices below with rolls touching. Continue with three for the third row, etc., until the bottom row has 6 slices. Place remaining slice centered under the last row for the trunk. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. For glaze: mix together powdered sugar and milk until smooth; drizzle over warm rolls. Decorate with candied fruit or candies.

QUICK AND EASY FUDGE
1 pkg. of chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
1/2 bag of some other kind of chips (I used Reese's Peanut Butter Chips)

Melt all ingredients in a non-stick pan on low heat or in microwave until melted.
Optional recipe: Can add 1 can of sweetened condensed milk & 1tsp. vanilla.

RANCH OYSTER CRACKERS
1 oz. pkt. Hidden Valley Ranch Milk Recipe Orig. Dry Salad Dressing Mix
3/4 tsp. Dill weed
1/4 cup oil
1 bag Oyster crackers

Combine Hidden Valley Dressing Mix with Dill weed and oil. Pour over 12 oz. plain oyster crackers, stir to coat. Place in 250 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir gently halfway through baking.

SPICY PECANS
2 ½ cup pecans
1 cup sugar
½ cup water
1 t. cinnamon
½ t. salt
1 ½ t. vanilla

Heat pecan halves in moderate oven 375degrees for 5 minutes, stirring once. Butter sides of heavy 2 qrt saucepan. In pan combine sugar, water, cinnamon & salt. Heat on stove. Cook without stirring to soft ball stage. Remove from heat. Beat by hand 1 minute or until mixture first begins to get creamy. Add vanilla & warm pecans. Stir gently till nuts are well coated. Put on butter greased platter. Cool.

EASY PRALINES
1 bag of ROLLO candy (unwrapped)
1 bag Mini Pretzels
Pecan halves

Place Rollo Candy onto Mini Pretzel. Heat in 200 degree oven just until soft. Press Pecan half into chocolate candy.

CHEWY PEANUT BRITTLE COOKIES
1 cup white Karo syrup
1 cup Brown Sugar
½ cup White Sugar
1 ½ cup peanut butter
5 cups Special K Cereal
optional: ½ Salted Peanuts

Boil sugar & syrup until reaches soft ball stage. Remove from heat. Add peanut butter, cereal and peanuts. Work together, drop spoonfuls onto wax paper.

CARROT SOUFFLE
1-½ lb baby carrots (can use regular ones if you want to peel and slice)
1 ½ cup sugar
¾ cup margarine
3 lg. Eggs
½ cup flour
1 tbs baking power (If not using self rising flour)
1 tbs vanilla

Cook carrots until tender in boiling water or better yet, microwave in water for 10 minutes or longer until soft enough to mash. Drain; mix carrots, butter and remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour in lightly greased baking dish. Bake at 350 for 1 hour until set and lightly brown. Dust the top with powered sugar.

OREO TRUFFLE BALLS
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 pkg. Oreo cookies
Chocolate or vanilla baking bark
Solid vegetable shortening

Finely chop the entire package of Oreo cookies; place in bowl. Stir in cream cheese; mix until well blended. Scoop out balls of mixture using a small scoop. Dip in melted chocolate, one at a time, and place on wax or parchment until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Melt chocolate in double boiler. Add solid vegetable shortening, 1/2 teaspoon at a time as needed to make the mixture smooth. (Do not add liquid oil or water to chocolate or it will clump.) (Tips: white bark looks best as coating, and you can drizzle with melted chocolate bark to dress them up. For the holidays, use food coloring in the white bark.)

10 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Oooooh, yummy! Did you know there's a TCOG recipe blog? It's at http://yummyinmytummyrecipes.blogspot.com/ Kasey Broyles from the Antioch, TN church is the moderator. Her personal blog address is http://sgrplum.blogspot.com/ If you'd like to post your recipes on her site (and she'd LOVE it if you did), just post a comment on her personal blog, tell her who you are and ask her to add you to her links. You can tell her I sent you, if you'd like. I've been "going to" post on the recipe blog for months, but I haven't taken the time to do it yet. I've been pretty busy the past 4 months. *raising eyebrow* So if you post because I sent you, maybe she won't be so frustrated at me for my lack of posting. *giggle*

Jess said...

Oh, man. Now I'm hungry. I don't think that I gave you my blog address. dying2mywilldaily.blogspot.com I would love to have you come and visit. You just have to promise to over look all of my grammer and spelling mistakes. I HATE grammer and that stuff. I'm a math person!! ~giggle~

Tammy Washburn said...

Sis. Smith:
I've commented on Kasey's blog and asked her about the Recipe site. Great recipes. Now if I can only get the time. However, I don't think I'm that great of a cook; I'm just great at messing up the kitchen!

Jess,
I'll visit. Guess what! I'm horrible at math. My family laughs at my math mistakes all the time. I have to wiggle my fingers and toes just to add and still can't get it right. Oh well.

Tammy Washburn said...

AND I can't figure out how to put "links" on my blog!

Tammy Washburn said...

AND I am really in the mood for a sanctified Church of God chili dog.

You know the kind...you put a hot dog on the end of a stick or hanger...accidently drop it in the ashes...then set it on fire till it's black. Pour chili over it, say your prayers and eat! Add a flaming marshmallow and that's good eatin'. Ha! :)

Jess said...

Now, I'm really hungry! I haven't figured out how to put links up either. I get to it one of these days.

Momma Tammi said...

Great recipes. I've copied two of them so far. One for my own enjoyment and the other to share with the youth group around the holidays.

SIS-MC said...

Sister Tammy,
Wilson's mom here. Just found your blog. Enjoyed the recipes, will try one or two.
I love to cook, just don't have much time now---and when I do have the time, I so not have much energy.

Visit me on 3grands.blogspot.com

Tammy Washburn said...

Hi Sis. MC.
I think I visited the link to your blog today, but didn't realize who you were 'cuz I didn't see your last name.
We got to eat with Wilson at the Assembly before the fasting started:) at Fazoli's Italian food. Now I'm really hungry for their breadsticks!! I better quit talking about food or I won't be able to fit in any of my dresses for the convention!

What's funny is that I've never completely enjoyed cooking (I do like cooking desserts & party foods) and then I ended up selling Pampered Chef for 6 years. I own almost every kitchen gadget & stoneware they sell. My sister, the gourmet cook, only wants to use a pan, knife & spoon.

Tammy Washburn said...

Christina,
Do I look like I'm FAT free?! Ha! You're skinnier than me girl.

Oh wait, I do have one recipe...

Fat Free Angel Food Cake
Frozen or fresh sliced strawberries
Fat Free Strawberry Jello
Fat Free Cook Whip

Crumble cake and spread one layer in glass bowl (if you want it to look pretty). Sprinkle layer of sliced strawberries. Continue layering until top layer is strawberries. (you know, layer like a lasagna).

Mix jello according to pkg. directions. Pour the liquid jello all over the cake and strawberry mixture. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Can put cool whip on top and garnish with strawberries or just serve with dollop of cool whip.
Good summer recipe.