I Scream for Sunday School
Well, we had our first "CATCH THE EXCITEMENT FOR SUNDAY SCHOOL" Campaign yesterday! My hubby threw some soft little basketballs to a few people and we handed the rest out after preliminaries to all the kids. We TRIED to get the members to "yell" a little for Team Jesus, but I think that at 9:45 they're all still asleep :) but they got a little stirred up. I told the children's church leader, that we spend so much time telling the kids to "be quiet" in church when they are little, that they don't know what to do when someone gives them permission to be noisy !! Ha! That's okay, we'll get them to loosen up before the month is over.
Bro. Mike told everyone "that for some reason all the kids thought that I-Scream for Sunday School meant ICE CREAM for Sunday School! Where did they get that idea????.....(imagine downcast faces in the audience)....Well it's TRUE. We're having ICE CREAM IN SUNDAY SCHOOL! (we gave them little INDIVIDUAL Blue Bell homemade vanilla ice cream tubs from Sam's in their classrooms....yyyuuummm).
I led them in the yell (repeat after me)
I love Jesus (repeat)
Yes I do(repeat)
I love Jesus(repeat)
How about You(repeat)
I love Jesus, Yes I do(repeat)
I love Jesus, How about You!!(repeat)
And then we dedicated this loud song to Bro. Mike:
Whose side are you screaming on?
I'm screaming on the Lord's side.
Whose side are you screaming on?
I'm screaming on the Lord's side.
I scream, I scream, I scream I scream
Ice cream Ice cream, Ice cream Ice cream
Ice cream Ice cream, Ice cream Ice cream
I'm screaming on the Lord's side.
I had to teach the men & women's class combined so I didn't get to eat my ice cream, but they got to eat while I started the class. I really enjoyed teaching yesterday's lesson.
Last night during Gleaners, I taught our lesson and then practiced the drama the gleaners will be performing in a few weeks. During this time, the kids asked if I had any ice cream leftovers and I said.....YES!!!!! If they allowed me to finish the lesson and practiced real well, I would let them eat the rest of the ice cream.
I asked them while we were eating our treat. "Now you know Sis. Tammy was the one who talked Bro. Mike into getting Ice Cream for Sunday School and I'm giving it to you during Gleaners....now aren't I a good teacher?! One little girl named Rachel, between bites said, "Sis. Tammy, you're the best teacher in the whole wide world". Then Crazy Girl's little girl, Madison, then told me, "Well, Sis. Tammy, you're the SECOND best teacher. Sis. Tennie (her SS teacher) is the BEST teacher in the whole world!" I just laughed and said that's okay. Even when I'm bribing them with ICE CREAM, Sis. Tennie is still the BESTEST teacher. She must be a really great teacher!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Sounds like a great kick-off to the Sunday School campaign. I like Blue Bell ice cream. It has been a very long time since I've had it though.
This TX gal can't live without Blue Bell!
YAY, Blue Bell!!! It's the BEST in the whole wide world! When we were desparately trying to think of the "pluses" of living in Cleveland a few months ago, being about to purchase Blue Bell was the first thing we thought of. =) God has helped us adapt and feel more comfortable here and we're feeling more at home. But, Blue Bell ice cream is a DEFINITE perk for living in Cleveland!
We have Blue Bunny ice cream here and we had it in Okinawa and it is as good as Blue Bell ice cream, so...since I can't get Blue Bell here, I'll settle for my Blue Bunny.
Blue Bunny is NOTHING like Blue Bell! How DARE you!!!
Blue Bunny! You have been in the Frozen North for far too long. Your taste buds are froze! Heee~heee. We need to eat Blue Bell at the Assembly!
Hey Sis. Smith, my pastor is preaching this Sunday night for BTI!
Blue Bell at the Assembly? Do you suppose we'll be allowed to eat at this Assembly? *giggle*
I remember your pastor mentioning he would be preaching sometime during BTI, when we were in your local church Sunday morning following the Ladies' Day. I'm looking forward to seeing him again. Are you coming? ;)
I would love to come & it would be fun, but we do have to be at work bright & early on Monday morning. We'll have to see.
Someone said we should all caravan & just show up and I asked, "you mean cancel service here and go there?" Bro. Hopkins NEVER likes to cancel service!
The only time we cancel service is for funerals or the Assembly. When the Cogop cancels their service (for every holiday :) one of their members always shows up at ours.
With our pastor gone, I'm reluctant to not be here to support the home front :)
We may drop by on Memorial Day weekend. We may be in Knoxville that weekend.
I'm not sure what our plans are for that Sunday (Memorial Day). Our bouncing baby boy (who's now 32 years old and I'm sure he LOVES being called that!) is flying in on Thursday, the 31st. His return flight requires him to be in Nashville by 5:30am Sunday morning. We're still talking about how to handle that. Either way, it looks like Brother Smith, at least, will be away from Sunday morning service at Zion Hill, maybe me, too. We've talked about visiting the Murphreesboro church that morning. We'll see. We have a lot of other plans to make that have higher priority than that one, at the moment.
That's fine. I'm sure we'll catch ya'll one day. Even if it has to wait until ALABAMA FAMILY CAMP!! WOOHOO! (luv camp)
We'll prob. visit the Cookville(?) church Sun. AM (OUR church closest to Knoxville anyway).
We could probably sneak in those little indiv. Blue Bell tubs to grab between sessions UNLESS we're called to a Fast half of the Assembly :)
My intention this year is to stuff myself everytime I get a chance to eat(Fazoli's breadsticks..yummm)
...just in case.... Ha! : )
If a Fast is not called, then I guess I'll just gain 20 pounds at the Assembly :) :) :)
Well, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! =) Last year's Assembly caused my grandchildren to dread this year's Assembly. All they got to eat was crackers all week. LOL!
Well, I was really relieved (SPIRITUALLY) when he called the fast...but then suddenly I realized that I had skipped dinner the night before and only had a small glass of orange juice for breakfast that morning. So techinically I had a 1/2 day start on the non-eating part. I made it through though and was greatly blessed by it. I'd do it again, but I think THIS year, I won't be skipping any meals, just in case. Ha! Ha!
Post a Comment