Sunday School EXCITEMENT!!!!!

My husband is SS. Superintendent and we're trying to create the Excitement of "I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO GET TO SUNDAY SCHOOL!!! and to BE ON TIME!! We want to have a little fun, but alway give room to the Spirit. So, we're launching Spring with a new SS Campaign.


CATCH THE EXCITEMENT OF SUNDAY SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!

Last Sunday we announced this by handing out paper 3D glasses (Wendy's had donated to me a long time ago, but you can use sunglasses.). The colored lenses made us see everything in a "different light". The world will tell us..."you can't live holy...you can't be made perfect"...but if we put on our "spiritual eyes" we can look into the scriptures and "see things in a different light". The world tells us that and even other Christians tell us that "there is no healing anymore", but Bro. Jerry, Sis. Jan, Sis. Hopkins, Bro. Hopkins, etc, etc, etc, (people who have recently been healed) see this in a different light. Sunday School is where we come to put on our Spiritual eyes and see the our lives and the world the way God sees it...not by our own vision...but through His. Without a Vision, people will perish.

ANTICIPATION CREATES EXCITEMENT!
If I told everyone that the SS Depart. would pay for the entire church to go to Disney World...I can guarantee that the children's anticipation of the event would just about drive us crazy. Is it time yet? When do we leave?

David had that kind of anticipation and excitement for the House of God:
Psalm 122:1 I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord.

This is why we need to be excited about Sunday School.
Psalm 25:4,5 Show my thy way, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy Truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

Because we are all in anticipation of this:
Isa 64:4 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.


We had passed out a colorful bulletin telling the next month's events are: (I'll try to post a copy on Monday when I get back to work, but I have included the front picture below).





WE INVITE YOU TO





ALL THE FESTIVITIES START AT 9:45 SHARP .....BE ON TIME!!!


May 6: I-Scream for Sunday School! - Friendship Sunday -Bring a Friend
(2 Minute Devotion about ANDREW the Bringer: He brought people to Christ, including his brother.
devotions found on: http://sundayschool.ag.org/Promotions/Special_Campaigns/index.cfm

I'll think we'll sing "I'm Redeemed" chorus as a "challenge song" to see who can sing their part the loudest. (I'm redeemed...I'm redeemed...By the blood of the Lamb...By the blood of the Lamb, etc.) Talk about how we scream for our team, for our children's teams, etc.

BUT we have won't tease the children with the title. We will hand out little ice cream tubs (the one's with the wooden spoons) during Sunday School. They'll all be sugared up real good to have an exciting Children's Church, but it's only for ONE Sunday. :) :) :) ;)


May 13 - Kaz-YOU and Me! -Family Sunday With MOM! (Invite your family to church)
( Hand out Kazous and let's all play....I've go the JOY, JOY, JOY down in my Heart.

Two Minute Devotion: Lydia: Act 16:14, 15 And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul. And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us. )


MAY 20 - CLAP FOR JOY! (Teacher's Appreciation Day)
( Hand out CLAPPERS from Oriental Trading Post.

Two Minute Devotion: Priscilla, The Teacher

Songs: If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands!
Clap for Joy, all ye people. )


MAY 27 - MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
Note: Some of our people (including us) may be out of town this weekend, but many will still be there. This is the day we are to remember to Pray for and Visit (if you can) our Homebound Members.

Two Minute Devotion: Barnabas: The Son of Consolation

JUNE 3 - BUBBLING OVER FOR SUNDAY SCHOOL! - Old Fashioned Picnic on the Grounds

We may do a puppet show or Children's performance this day??

We'll hand out bottles of Bubbles TO BE USED LATER at the dinner on the grounds.

Song: It's bubbling, it's bubbling, it's bubbling in my Soul. (I also have another song on C.D. that's appropriate.)

6 comments:

Tammy Washburn said...

If I can find some little balls for CATCH the excitement, we'll hand those out too this Sunday.

Tammy Washburn said...

We run 50 something in SS (although not at 9:45!!!), so it costs a bit more to do little gifts.

Vicki Smith said...

It all sounds so exciting! I wanna come!!! =)

Congratulations on finding time to post in spite of your hectic schedule. Referring readers to someone else's post, in lieu of writing your own, is just cheating! ;)

Tammy Washburn said...

Well COME ON! You can be my Friend that I have invited!! You only live 3 1/2 hours away and you gain an hour! If you leave @ 7:00 YOUR time, you can be here by 9:30 OUR time.

Well, you know I have to actually WORK while I'm at WORK! But my boss doesn't always come into the office and then when I do all my work and then run out of things to do...that's when I'll stop and blog a LITTLE. Most things I write, especially the lengthy ones, I'll put on "draft" at home for the future and then just hit "post" when I can during the day. That way it doesn't take up much time at work when I am getting paid to answer the phones. But big posts like this have to wait until I'm off on Friday's. I'm blogging today while I am supposed to be cleaning my house. :)

I have a HUGE bag of excuses Sis. Smith!! Ha!!!!

Tammy Washburn said...

Momma Tammi said...
I'm preparing for my Sunday School boost for Regional/National convention and I don't want to do all the speaking, so I thought that having the kids from the different churches do short little skits would work, just haven't figured out how to put it together yet.



Tammy said...
What's your theme? You can go to the website posted below and create a short monologues (5 lines) that can even be read about Andrew The Bringer (needs to have someone play the brother), Barnabas: The Friend, etc. And let the kids dress up with props.

http://sundayschool.ag.org/Promotions/Special_Campaigns/index.cfm

Here's skit websites:
http://www.kidssundayschool.com/Gradeschool/Skits/skitindex.php

http://www.io.com/~lcowper/resources.html

http://childparenting.about.com/cs/k6education/a/vacationbible_3.htm


Puppet scripts can be turned into skits:
http://www.puppetresources.com/

Another source for ideas:
http://www.mssscrafts.com/

(of course I haven't looked at all the skits and don't know the doctrine, but that can be changed.)

Vicki Smith said...

The Internet really is a WONDERFUL tool, when used properly. It's been a big blessing to my life. There's so much good material available to enhance our different auxiliary works. Not to mention all the homemaker hints and helps there are! Recipes for anything in the world, and definitions for the ingredients you have no idea what they are! HA! Any kind of information a person could ever need is at their fingertips. What a world we live in!

BTW, I hope you're getting your house clean. I'm not. But I AM working on my 2nd Term BTI class. Ten new lessons I've never taught before. But I have to say I'm excited about it; these are good lessons!