I'm a sleepy head this morning. We didn't leave the restaurant until almost 10:00 last night. We had a great convention. I'm like all of ya'll, it's hard to remember all of it at the moment and I'm not a photographer...so I'll have to find someone who took pictures.
I do know we had one lady testify of healing her hand and she also was Sanctified. I believe there was 206 registered.
My part on program was first thing on Sunday morning and I think I preached the condensed version of the sermon below three times in my dreams!!! :) Right before I went to sleep, I added to the opening and planned to testify about Dad's healing and how we had commented about "when the Lord calls you to run for Him...you start running...and He provides the rest". I also had a part in the message about people "coming (running) swiftly" to The Bride, before the rapture.
So Sunday morning I showed up to Mission's Program with my running shoes on. Of course, I looked a little funny in my running shoes and my long dress and everyone noticed and gave me funny looks and laughed with me.
As I testified about Dad's healing, the Holy Ghost fell and I actually was running around the stage praising The Lord. Preaching in tennis shoes was a whole lot more comfortable! I'll think I'll do it more often.
I told the Ladies, that we ought to declare that the Ladies in the State of Alabama are RUNNING TO THE MISSION FIELDS and we all need to wear our running shoes to the General Assembly with our white dresses! Well, guess what.....Everybody who talked to me said...that's what they want to do!!! So, I'm going to explain things to Sis. Bishop and if you see all us Alabama Ladies in our running shoes, you'll know what that means! :)
(and we'll also be giving our feet a rest after a long Assembly, Ha!)
On another thought...my hubby sometimes gets frustrated with me because at 7:30 in the morning, when he's fighting traffic (we ride to work together) I'll say something like this...."so what do you think about the pre-millenial coming of the Lord?" or some equally deep thinking question. He tell me, "it's too early to be thinking about stuff like that!!! Ask me at night". So.....about 5 minutes before he's about to fall asleep.........And he'll tell me that I make his brain hurt :) hahahhhahha!
So just about the time I thought I actually had a really "deep thought" in my message....I heard Bro. Ammons preach a two part message about the "annointing, oil, Aaron, Christ as a title of "The Annointed One" and pomagranites & Fruit of the Spirit and Gifts of the Spirit....
I told Mike........"NOW, I know what you feel like at 7:30 in morning when I ask you those questions. My brain hurts!!!" Ha!
6 comments:
Oh, I'm SOOOO glad you posted about the Convention! I've been dying to hear how it went. It sounds like God really anointed you for your program. PRAISE THE LORD!!! What else about the Convention??? I want to hear all about it.
What a wonderful convention. I'm almost tempted to join your WMB ladies in wearing the tennis shoes. ~grin~
I'll try to post more later today. BTW...I didn't preach in my sleep at the State Convention, but meant, that I must have preached it in my dreams the night before three times! Ha, you can tell I'm tired.
Wear your jogging shoes with us!! My hubby just "shakes his head". He doesn't think "the look" is especially attractive on me :) :) but he's willing to go along with the crazy wife and her ideas! Ha!
Yes, convention was wonderful and so was Sis Tammy's program, I doubt there was a dry eye in the house when she spoke of her Dad's healing, and she did run! We were all blessed. Tell them about Bro Mike and what an awesome service that was!
I wish I could have been there, it sounds wonderful!
Post a Comment