Through the Fire


Fear not: for I have redeemed thee,
I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
When thou passest through the waters,
I will be with thee;
and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee:
when thou walkest through the fire,
thou shalt not be burned;
neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel,
thy Savior: Isa 43:1b-3a
Picture by: John McColgan

6 comments:

Sister Charity said...

Neat Picture!

Tammy Washburn said...

click on the link http://snopes.com/photos/natural/deerfire.asp and you can read the true story behind it.

Anonymous said...

I love the pic. and thank you for the verse. I have been meaning to email you. I just haven't had the time. I got really sick with a terrible ear infection the wed. after the assembly, and now I am swamp at school. I will email you I promise. Just as soon as I can see the light at the end of the tunnel *smile*

Vicki Smith said...

I've seen this picture before but didn't realize it was an actual photograph! It's incredible.

J Nowling said...

I haven't been to your blog in some time and I'm glad I came tonight. From the picture to the scriptures, to the skits, to the songs, to the testimony, to your account of Alaena it was a real encouragement.

Thank you,

Tammy Washburn said...

Hi Jess and thank ya'll.
Been very busy this weekend, trying to catch up on house cleaning (didn't accomplish it and visit with my daughter who came home to get all her winter clothes. Seems like TN is cooler than AL at the moment. We had 3 Spanish visitors at our church yesterday morning, who work for our pastor. The new mom speaks spanish, english & french. Her baby had the biggest head of hair and was sooo cute. We got to hold her and pass her around :) Hopefully they will return and bring friends and we can start having our services translated. The husband used to go on Mission trips in El Salvadore. Ya'll pray!