I know I Love God...BUT Why in the World does God Love Me?
The Answer?
1Jo 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.
God was First. First in Line. First to reach out. First to Love.
Have you ever met someone you didn’t know, but who just oozed love when you first met them? I don’t mean flirtation. I mean real, honest-to-goodness-I care-about-you kind of love. You couldn’t resist loving them back could you? How about your parent’s? Hopefully your earliest memories are filled with the memories of the love they showered you with as a child. You may not remember your babyhood, but you KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that your Mom & Dad loved you even then. You don’t remember your time spent in your mother’s womb, but you just KNOW that your Mom treasured that time with you.
God LOVED us FIRST from the moment of our conception.
Isa 49:1 Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.
God loved us before our body was completely formed.
Ps 139:13-18 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. 14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. 15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. 17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! 18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
God does not forget who we are. He doesn’t lose track of us. He doesn’t have to catch up with our lives. He knows us by name and as His Children, we are continually before His face. Have you ever written something on the palm of your hand to remember it? God did.
Isa 49:15-16 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. 16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
God even bottles up our prayers like incense for they are a sweet smell unto Him.
Rev 5:8, 8:3,4 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odors, which are the prayers of saints. 3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. 4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.
Even as Christians, though we have trials, tribulations and suffering on this earth, God promised that He would go through them ALL with His children. God will never leave or forsake us.
Isa 43:1-3 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. 2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. 3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour:
Mat 28:20b …lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
There is a phrase going around lately that says, "When satan comes knocking at your door, let Jesus answer it." So, here is a little warning to the enemy of God who tries to mess with HIS Children.
Zec 2:8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.

The Children of God are the twinkle in the Apple of God’s eye!! Oh my! What unfathomable love the Father has for us. I know why I Love Him so!
Jer 29:11-14a For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. 14 And I will be found of you, saith the LORD...
by Tammy Washburn
2 comments:
I think the new looks on this blog and the picture of Jesus on the Prayer Request blog are pretty!
Love the new look. It's soothing. And, YES, I've often wondered why God would love me. I have every reason in the world to love Him, but there's NO reason why He should love me. Oh, but I'm GLAD He loved me and still loves me and He's promised He will ALWAYS love me. I'm so unworthy of His love and undeserving. May I always have a grateful heart for His unspeakable goodness.
Post a Comment