WE HAVE HAD SEVERAL URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS PLACED ON THE PRAYER BLOG.

Welcome To Alabama!

It's 11:45 PM and we just got home from the Birmingham, AL airport. About 20 of us were there to welcome our new State Overseer, Bro. & Sis. Hawkins when they got off the plane with "Welcome To Alabama" signs and waving Church Flags and saying "Greetings Ya'll"! Sis. Hawkins was presented a bouquet of white and purple flowers and Bro. Hawkins was given an Alabama (as in Crimson Tide ;) baseball cap. (I guess the Auburn crowd will have to represent their side later :)

Several of our people got to witness about The Church of God in the waiting area because our flags drew so much attention that people asked about them. The church brethern packed their 20(?) boxes and luggage in a box trailer. (it's raining in Alabama this week!)

Bro. & Sis. Hawkins are exhausted from the loooooong trip, but they should be able to rest now.

Pictures will be forthcoming!

4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

That is SO NEAT you guys welcomed the Hawkins like that! That's something they will NEVER forget. God bless you guys for ministering to your minister! --I'm looking forward to pictures.

Tammy Washburn said...

Our pastor had told us Sunday that they were coming in Monday night and suggested we all meet them and we thought it was a great idea. So the kids made signs and we grabbed the Church flags. We remembered Bro. Smith saying how great it was to see the Spanish brothers with Church flags at the airport when he arrived in South America. Bro. Hopkins also called some of the other churches close by and a couple were able to come from there. Our thoughtful Pastor's wife brought the flowers and gift for them.

Emily W said...

I'm glad y'all were there to greet Bro. and Sis. Hawkins. I do wish we could have been there too. It sounds like y'all had a great time.

While I'm here I have a prayer request. Bro. Roy Reeves died Sunday. He is the father of Bro. Jimmy Reeves (pastor of Somerville), and Gail Mason. Please remember his family in your prayers.

Momma Tammi said...

What a wonderful welcome for the Hawkins.