The only earthly Treasures I can hope to take to Heaven are the Souls of my Family

She loved white gloves and hats. She's soooo cute & cuddly. Boy was I skinny!! and look at that DARK hair :)

Sis. Campbell, I don't think I have your email. If you can't pull it off this site (double click to get larger picture and then copy and paste onto MS Paint or other program and then print)...then let me know & I'll give you my email so I can get yours.


Here is a poem she could sign of mine that would go good with Missions:

JESUS...




Here is something I wrote & dedicated to my mother one year:

A Godly mother will be found doing a multitude of things. Washing dishes, buying groceries, working in an office, carpooling, helping neighbors or rocking a sick baby. In all of these activities and more, she lives and speaks testimonies unto the Lord.

A Godly mother is someone who doesn't fall apart when things go terribly wrong, but falls on her knees in prayer. In fact, she firmly believes that prayer is the answer for everything and that a strong invincible Faith brings solid results from the Throne of God.

She realizes she isn't perfect and readily admits that she makes mistakes. She sometimes sheds tears of regret, sorrow, and even guilt. Then she goes to the Lord in prayer, asking Him to help her to remember that they are only children for a short time; to help her manage her time; curb her frustration, calm her fears, soften her anger and to forgive her mistakes. She knows she doesn't have all the answers, but takes comfort in the fact that when she is weak, Christ can make her strong.

A Godly mother will allow her children to see and hear her praying for them so that they will know that their Heavenly Father cares for them even more than she does. Though she dearly wishes she could kiss away all their hurts and protect them from every danger, she knows she can't. So, she teaches her children from a very early age to call upon the Name of The Lord.

A Godly mother always seems to have a melody in her heart. Praises to God and praises for her children fall easily from her lips. She'll teach her children that attending the house of God is a joy, that worshipping God is glorious and that a life of purity and holiness is beautiful. She'll take the time to prove to her children that the Word of God, Prayer and Faith are essential to their daily lives.

To her sorrow, she knows that her children must suffer their own trials, cry over their own pains, and be troubled for their own faults. But she is always there to pray, to love, to help and to forgive. But, she also reminds them that Jesus helps, loves and forgives best of all!

Even if her children one day make the decision to forsake the Lord, her mighty, ringing prayers will bombard the Throne of Grace, asking God to bring her lost souls home to salvation.

Then when the time has come for a Godly mother to meet the Lord, she will tell you to the very end that living for God was not in vain and that God's Grace will go with you even unto death.

Although your Godly mother may be in heaven right now, there are many children who will testify that God still remembers and is still answering Momma's mighty prayers.
Written by Tammy Washburn



Treasures

I have a place where I keep my best;
those things I cherish most.
I desire to watch both night and day
to protect them from being lost.

Thieves often try to break in and steal,
to plunder and destroy;
So I go to a place I know is secure
to foil a robber's ploy.

Each night and day, I fall on my knees
and beg the Lord to hold,
The souls of my dear children
and keep them in the fold.

Tho' at times I become distracted
when problems seem so near;
The Lord greatly reminds me
to trust in Him and fear.

The time to polish my treasures
and count them day by day,
Is when I have them in my grasp
and not when they're far away.

Written by Tammy Washburn, a young mother. (1988)

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Beautiful. "I have NO GREATER JOY than to hear that my children walk in truth" (3 Jn. 1:4). AMEN!

Rachel said...

Awww. What a good post (especially for me, with a 9 month old and another on the way! Thank you Jesus for your blessings!). And such CUTE pics of you and Alaena!

Viv said...

Thanks! I was able to save it in Publisher as a jpeg file. I love the picture..she is sooo cute and you are sooo young! HEHE I remember the dark hair, skinny days...seems sooo long ago. Thanks again.