THE ATTRIBUTES OF GOD



GOD IS TRANCENDENT:
God is ABOVE His creation.
Isa 57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place…

Satan is NOT!


GOD IS IMMANENT:
God is actively involved WITHIN His creation.
Isa 57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Satan is NOT!!


GOD IS ETERNAL:
God has no beginning nor ending.
Psa 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Satan is NOT!!! Although Satan is immortal, he is NOT eternal.


GOD IS INFINITE:
God has no limitation of Space, All of His attributes are without limit.

Psa 147:5 Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.

1Ki 8:27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?

Psa 103:17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

Jer 23:24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD


Satan is NOT!!!!



GOD IS OMNISCIENT:
God is All Knowing. He knows the future as well as the past. He knows things immediately and spontaneously. He knows the thought of man better than man knows them himself.

Psa 139:2-4 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. 3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. 4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Heb 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Rom 11:33,34 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! 34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?

Satan is NOT!!!!!


GOD IS OMNIPRESENT:
God is Everywhere Present. He inhabits every part of space with His entire being. He is the creator of Space and there fore is not limited to it.

Psa 139:7-10 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? 8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. 9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; 10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

Jer 23:23, 24 Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off? 24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.

1Ki 8:27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?

Satan is NOT!!!!!!


GOD IS OMNIPOTENT:
God is All Powerful
Rev 19:6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

Jer 32:17 Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:

Mat 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Job 42:1, 2 Then Job answered the LORD, and said, I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.


PRAISE GOD!


Satan is NOT!!!!!!!


.............This regularly scheduled blog post is temporarily interupted by the Saints of God shouting and running around the room!...............

Rom 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

7 comments:

Joyce said...

God is.... my everything. Powerful post.

Vic said...

Tammy...Looking for Ladies of all ages for the Parade of Nations this year...HELP!!!

Tammy Washburn said...

I'll announce in Evening Light have them call me if they wish to participate or tell me at our State Convention.

Vic said...

There is an article in the Evening Light this month...Thanks Tammy for all your help each year...

Vic said...

Also, pray for Erika, she is having an MRI and EEG on June 4th...She thinks she may be having some form of seizures...

Tammy Washburn said...

The....Alabama Evening Light...:)

Will Pray.

WingSpan said...

God's omniscience: Not to confuse this with pre-destination, but God knows the dying state of man's soul upon creating said man?