Fancy Salvation Army Store

Unlike other people in my life :) I can never seem to find anything my size that I like in Thrift Stores. I guess short, fat ladies don't get rid of their clothes that much! Ha! We have had 2 close by...America's Thrift and The Foundry.

The old Salvation Army is too far away, but a year ago they opened up a "fancy, schmancy" Salvation Army store close to the Galleria Mall area. First of all, they don't "smell" like the other thrift stores and they have built a brand new brick and glass building.

I don't know if other S.A. stores do this, but...if you want a white, long sleeve blouse...you go to the white long sleeve blouse section. If you want a short sleeve pink shirt...you go to the short sleeve pink shirt section. They are not grouped by sizes, but by colors. I have trouble seeing anything in the black color section because they have funny lighting and I can't see the details of the black grouped clothing clearly, especially without my glasses on.

The color coordinating even extends to the dishes and miscellaneous items. All blue stuff (glassware, dishes, plastic ware, china, decor) are grouped together, as is the green, pink, clear glass, silver, gold, etc.) Kinda pretty.

They're a tad more expensive than other thrift stores, but I notice their clothing is in better condition and cleaner. And I have found things in MY SIZE!

I now own 1 demin skirt and 1 kaki skirt for church at camp (the only time I will wear those) My husband hates them, but it's too hot at camp to wear my dressy church dresses, so he'll have to suffer :)

I found a pair of dressy brown pants for work and a pair of casual blue pants and matching blouses from the "blue blouse section" and the "patterned blouse section" :) I didn't see any dresses or dress pants suits I liked, so I guess I'll stick to Ross and J.C. Penney's for those.

Since we've joined a gym, I seem to be losing a little weight. (I don't do scales ;) I just pay attention to how my clothes fit. So I will probably visit the Salvation Army some more until I lose to the size I want to buy new clothes for. Ha!

4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

I've dropped two sizes! I'm now walking 3.29 miles which equals to 12,700 steps 5 days a week. I know how sore you must have felt after working in the flower beds...I'm feeling it today after not walking for two weeks.

Tammy Washburn said...

Well, you are certainly beating me!! I only go to the gym twice a week! But the doctor called my husband "fat" and told him to exercise more. hahahaha!

I haven't dropped a dress size, but I can feel some tightening up and the clothes I'm wearing feel loser.

Yeah, I make myself laugh too ;):)

Momma Tammi said...

How in the world could Mike be considered FAT? YIKES! If you are seeing results...then you are doing exactly what YOU need to do. I have always struggled with my weight...it doesn't come off easily, so I have to really work at it.

Tammy Washburn said...

Well, he likes to eat every 4 hours and I mean BIG meals! (don't you just hate the man!) And he is developing a basketball stomach in his old age.

The doctor told him that belly fat is the most dangerous and he needs to reduce it.

Uh Oh!!! The doctor would have a heydey with me!!!!!

I have weight problems, but I also have a phsychological one as well.....(yeah, like ya'll didn't know that!).....

See, some skinny people always view themselves as fat. I have the exact opposite problem....I'm a fat person who always views herself as skinny! I'm a size 10 in my mind and a ~hmmmmm~ on the outside. hahahhaha!

Then I look at a video or picture and go..."WHO IS that fat woman????"

But we went to the gym and stepped it up last night. Treadmill, weights, eliptical and then treadmill again. Woohoo!