You think I'm joking.......

I spoke with my daughter's father-in-law this weekend...who proudly proclaimed he was a sinner (his wife is a Christian) and I looked at him and told him that....

"MY future grandchildren will need to be surrounded by Christian Grandaddies".

He told me that he had "7 (?) grandchildren and they all loved him."

To which I replied: "Well that's great, but MY future Grandchildren will need a Grandaddy that will lead them on the paths of Righteousness"

(I left out the..."and not down the road to hell" part :)

I then explained to him.........

"I am going to pray that you are soooo miserable, and that you can't sleep at night until you feel you HAVE to run to the Lord."

(His wife laughingly reminded me that this prayer would affect her also with his miserable, sleepless nights...but I just told her to just "hang on", cause it was going to happen. :)

He jokingly called me "violent".

Mat 11:12 "....the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force."

Jesus was crucified on the cross to save us from our sins. How much more violent can you get?

I didn't tell him this...but I will also pray that he "feels the breath of satan on the back of his neck and the flames of hell fire nipping at his feet until he is compelled to quit following after satan, and start running from him...straight to the Lord's mercy".

Oh, and by the way....I'm not joking.

(In fact, I'm going to start praying this prayer for a whole bunch of people...it's time this "running from the Lord" nonsense ends.)

6 comments:

Vic said...

Would you please add Charlie to that list? Thanks Tammy...I feel the same as you, this running from God business needs an end...And the woman he lives with too, needs to feel the convicting power of the Holy Ghost so she can be saved also...Her name is Sandra...

Vicki Smith said...

I've prayed that prayer on many occasions. There's a situation close to my heart where someone is going down a dangerous, wrong path; just the past few days I've been praying that God would make this individual completely miserable, that they would not be able to sleep at night and would be ridden with guilt and conviction. --I prayed that way EARNESTLY for a young man about 8 or 9 years ago, who was a member of our local church. He'd be in, and out, saved then backslid, etc. I started praying that prayer and I told him I was praying that way. He now is a wonderful preacher, has a dedicated wife and 3 great kids and is an excellent pastor in TCOG. He's told me that God answered my prayers. :-) He WAS miserable and couldn't find any enjoyment during the time he was running from the Lord. I also told the young man that I was praying that way BECAUSE I LOVED HIM. I NEVER pray for sinners to be "blessed" or "find a good job" or prosper in any way whatsoever. As long as things are going smooth they feel they have no need of God. It's generally when there's NO other ALTERNATIVE that they turn to the Lord for relief. It's so much better for people we love to be completely miserable for a while here and now, with the chance it may cause them to turn to the Lord, than to spend an eternity in a place that is FAR BEYOND miserable. Amen!
BTW, I'm SO GLAD to see a new post!!! :-)

Joyce said...

I will add him to my prayer list. I think we all have loved ones and friends in this same condition.

How is Dustin?

Tammy Washburn said...

I've been out of town this weekend and catching up at work.


Vicki: Yes, I will.

Sis. Smith: Yes, they need to realize that misery on this earth is miniscule compared to what awaits if they don't turn to God now.

Joyce: Thanks!

He started working and going back to school last week while me and some friends drove him around. He was able to start driving Monday, but he's still on crutches. Hoping to get off them soon.

Pam said...

Tammy would you please add my son Jonathan and his wife Angel to your prayer list. I'm also tired of the devil and his tricks, I finally released Jonathan to the Lord, because it was making me sick, but just like the devil as soon as you get victory over something here he comes again with something else, Jonathan called his brother the other night and told him that he doesn't want us calling him anymore, he said that we are trouble makers, but that is okay because I know that is not Jonathan talking it is the devil speaking through him. I'm standing on God's promises.

J Nowling said...

Tammy I really appreciated this. I have several that come to mind in this same state. Sister Georgia Williams preached at our ladies retreat that one of the main problems with sinners is their basically "comfortable and happy" in their sin.

I had a dream of a dear pastor of ours that turned his back on God. He was slipping down into this deep, dark pit. He was holding on to this huge rope with an big knot at the end and up above, at the other end of the rope, were a multitude of the souls that he helped spiritually (including me)and we were just holding the rope. Not pulling on it...and a loud, clear voice told me that rope was the prayers of the saints. That was years ago. Unfortunately, nothing has changed in his life, but we're still holding on to the rope and I can feel the heat from the pit. But someday as the heat of sin gets hot enough....so much the same for many others.


I love the poem on top and your background.