Happy 90th Birthday!



My mother-in-law, Clara Beane Washburn of Vance will celebrate her 90th Birthday on Saturday. She was born November 30, 1918 and married Acie Washburn on May 22, 1937. Together they had 6 children, 3 of whom still survive. Clara has a very strong faith in God and is a member of the West Blocton Church of God of Prophecy.

7 comments:

Joyce said...

Happy Birthday to Sis. Washburn! Ever since I've known her she has been a fiesty little lady. :) How is her health?

Tammy Washburn said...

Pretty Good! She is in charge of locking up the apartments. She prays for everyone. She goes to church at West Blocton on Sunday AM's and with us on Wed. & Sunday nights. Her memory is getting fuzzy at times, starting to be repetitive and walks slower. But beyond that...fiesty as ever ;):)

Did we send ya'll an invitation?

I'm so sorry if I missed you. Mike kept sending me lists & lists of family and churches and I'm afraid that I didn't keep track of who I mailed to.

If you would like to come to her party (which I'm sure Chris DOES NOT want to do....Why? you ask?....because it's at 2:00-4:00 THIS Saturday :)...which means it's during the Alabama/Auburn Game. :):):)

However, if you wanna run up to Plantation Manor Senior Living Apartments (far right bldg. from street) for a few minutes ;) come on! No gifts requested.

Tammy Washburn said...

And you notice that big smile for the camera didn't you? We're sitting there saying..."Come on...smile!" and....that's it. All her life...she doesn't smile for pix.

Vicki Smith said...

The "big smile" is hilarious. Notice that she has the same slight tilt of her head to her left in both pictures. The expression on her face is the same as when she was a young girl. I LOVE the old picture!

Tammy Washburn said...

If you could see the entire picture and another one of her standing...she stands EXACTLY the same way. Just goes to prove....nobody ever really changes in some aspects.

Momma Tammi said...

Where did your Thanksgiving post go? I've been looking everywhere for it and it is non-existent! You really shouldn't be such a tease!

Tammy Washburn said...

Well....I just thought I'd keep my crazy-headed Thanksgiving to myself in the end..... :) :)