I get the Daughter-In-Law of the Century Award!

First of all....let me say we had approx. 76 people attend my Mother-In-Law's 90th Birthday party and it was a great success.

Now, I will explain why I am daughter-in-law of the Century! This was the second B-Day party I had hosted for my MIL. This time, her sons were MORE involved and helped plan and bring food. Very good hubby & Brother-in-laws (BIL'S)!!

When we planned the 90th Birthday party for my Mother-In-Law (MIL) for her Birthday weekend, we had two choices. Saturday during the Alabama-Auburn Football Game or on Sunday Afternoon. We at first chose Saturday because we thought we were going to Texas after the party...but changed our plans. We knew that non-relations might find the Saturday time slot annoying...but they could show up for 30 minutes and be home in time for the kick-off or not show up at all. That's was fine with us.

We felt that.... for her family....her 90th B-Day party should be more important than a football game! Well...for some....it was not. Which is why I am the DIL of the Century. You might guess who were missing ;)...along with a some adult grands. But hey! They can deal with their conscience at her funeral one day. I will throw her another party when she turns 95 or with a really BIG, MEDIA blowout if she makes it to 100.

I am grateful for my appreciative hubby and one BIL who helped me pack up....but my true gratefulness is to my State Overseer and His lovely Wife who...upon seeing my exhausted, confused state of being...and who happened to overhear the lady in charge of the dining room tell us we had to be OUT at 4:30 or else (it was 4:00). Realizing our panic....they pitched in like true servants (I tried to refuse, saying guests should not help clean up)....and helped clean and pack our gear into the hallways and then into the cars. I have thanked them in person....but here it is publically...Thank you Bro. & Sis. Hawkins!





From Clara's B-Day & AL Minister's Conv.


Birthday Girl and My husband.




From Clara's B-Day & AL Minister's Conv.


B-Day Girl and Sister-In-law





From Clara's B-Day & AL Minister's Conv.


My famous Chicken Salad Platter :) I guess I must have left the scoop on the table :)





From Clara's B-Day & AL Minister's Conv.


My husband and his older Brothers...Hubby is youngest and then goes up in order to right.






From Clara's B-Day & AL Minister's Conv.


My son, Dustin and Bro. Hawkins.






From Clara's B-Day & AL Minister's Conv.


My Son and Bro. & Sis. Hopkins.







From Clara's B-Day & AL Minister's Conv.


My MIL's only living (baby) brother in blue sweater.





From Clara's B-Day & AL Minister's Conv.


My MIL's younger sister on left...another Sister-in-law on right.





From Clara's B-Day & AL Minister's Conv.


MIL's Grandson (my husband's nephew is older than me.)





From Clara's B-Day & AL Minister's Conv.


The Grandson's grandchildren. These are my MIL's Great-great grandchildren.









From Clara's B-Day & AL Minister's Conv.


MIL's brother, great neice, neice and neice. Can see son in far left background in green...far right background...sister-in-law in dark pink, middle son in striped, great granddaughter in light pink, grandson in blue and great-gread grandson in red.




From Clara's B-Day & AL Minister's Conv.


Another MIL's younger sister standing in hat and white sweater on right in doorway.




From Clara's B-Day & AL Minister's Conv.


We know these people! Sis. Hawkins and other's from my church.

8 comments:

~Jess~ said...

That is a beautiful song you have playing! The party sounded fun!!

Tammy Washburn said...

I'm learning that song to sing as a special.

Tammy Washburn said...

I just noticed how the lack of "smiling" for the camera runs in the family!!!

Vicki Smith said...

HA! I noticed the "no smile" similarity right off. I come from a LONG line of BIG smilers! Have you ever played that game where you divide up into 2 teams and each team takes turns trying to get the other team to smile? My family is BIG LOSERS of that game!

LOVE the cute template!

You did a GREAT job with the party. What a woman!

Tammy Washburn said...

I could never win that game! Which is a good thing :)....unless you woke me up at 3 am to play the game and then I would win hands-down! ahahahahha!

Yep, I'm fond of simple templates if you've noticed. Not frilly or fussy or too busy. Finaly found a simple Christmas themed one.

Sister Charity said...

I'm glad the birthday party turned out well.

Joyce said...

Glad you all had such a good time. You are to be commended for giving honor to Sis. Washburn. Hey, I think 90 years definitely deserves special notice.

Momma Tammi said...

The buffet looks beautiful. It was so very thoughtful for you to do this for your mother-in-law. Ya did good!